Sign in to follow this  
donotcon

Floureon-Samsung question.

Hi I'm new to CCTV but very interested and will be doing installs on my properties soon but need some help after a firm installed CCTV at my house.

The firm supplied a DVR 8 channel box with "Floureon H 264" on the front. They said they were installing a "Samsung" box which, looking generally, are a lot more expensive than Floureon ones. When questioned they said not to worry the Floureon box supplied had the Samsung software on it. Have I be conned?

Thanks in advance.

Hi I'm new to CCTV but very interested and will be doing installs on my properties soon but need some help after a firm installed CCTV at my house.

The firm supplied a DVR 8 channel box with "Floureon H 264" on the front. They said they were installing a "Samsung" box which, looking generally, are a lot more expensive than Floureon ones. When questioned they said not to worry the Floureon box supplied had the Samsung software on it. Have I be conned?

Thanks in advance.

Hi. Yes you have been ..

But ...... It's the price difference.... Samsung is a lot more expensive but does not mean it's better.

Samsung has a short life span ...... They change there remote software every two years which prevents you from using there latest apps

Floureon may be a lot cheaper but at lest you can upgrade when they change software. As far as proformance....... You will not see any differance in image quality. It is also easier to use .......some floureon will also run on the dahua apps.

Samsung has nothing to do with floureon so your installer is talking crap there.

Look up the price of a Samsung and a floureon and get him to refund the differance.

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you think the Floureon box will be as reliable as the Samsung one?

The cameras were supplied as "Sony". They came with a user manual which is in terrible English. It says they have Sony image sensor.(1/3 Mega Pixel IR-CUI CMOS SONY). There is no makers name on the manual or box.The box has"HD CAM AHD IP TVI DIS". I'm begining to think that the £800 charged for supply and fitting of the 5 cameras and box was a little high?

Thanks again.