Sign in to follow this  
aaronmcphee

Canno view Cameras in Browser with IP or DNS!!!

Need some Help!

I have recently setup a couple of BNC wired cameras to my H264 DVR recorder (Unsure of brand) but it seems to do the job nicely. I have connected it to my Sky SR102 router and the DVR is detected within the sky hub login page as "Unknown Cabled", I have added the services and the relevant firewall exceptions using the IP address and port within the DVR recorder as you will see from the images.

Now as I understand it this should be enough to be able to view the cameras in my browser (Microsoft edge), however when I type the ip and port number into the browser all I get is a blank page, what I do notice is that the tab for the page shows the title "Web application manager" as though it was trying to start a service but it never does.

So after reading a few forums decided that perhaps its a quirk of sky and perhaps I need to use a DNS service, so I signed up to NO-IP.com (Free account) and created a domain name to access the DVR "example.hoto.org", with the DVR ip address, I then added the relevant info into my sky hub (SEE PICTURES) and as before, when I type the domain name in the browser all I get is a blank page and the tab shows "Web application manager" I have also tried IE explorer 11 and enabling all the active x controls, each time I type in the hostname or ip it just keeps giving me the message "Please Install Plug-in First" "Click here to downloadNetDvrPlugin.exe" Which I do, I install the plugin, restart the browser, I type in the IP or hostname again and it just keeps giving me the same message Click here to downloadNetDvrPlugin.exe" the plugin never seems to activate.

So I don't know what else to try, I did wonder if the DNS should be trying to access my external ip address or my DVR ip address so I tried both but to no avail, If somebody out there can see where I might be going wrong please feel free to point out what a Wally I am, or perhaps some suggestions on what I might try?

Sorry, had to consolidate the images as this site only allowed me to upload three!

Thanks in advance.

148219702_servicesandexceptions.thumb.jpg.e106ef150c3124c943af1f5eab0d2916.jpg

Browsers.thumb.jpg.e84b5257683442e2c244acb3f545bee2.jpg

1086791861_WANampDNSsettings.thumb.jpg.f94e359eaf868b221d48170ec05d57b0.jpg

For the activex plugin try chrome with IE tab.

With internet explorer did you go to internet options/security and add the camera ip address to the trusted sites?

If all else fails, try the Pale Moon browser. https://www.palemoon.org/

For the activex plugin try chrome with IE tab.

With internet explorer did you go to internet options/security and add the camera ip address to the trusted sites?

If all else fails, try the Pale Moon browser. https://www.palemoon.org/

Thanks for those suggestions, unfortunately no luck, both Chrome and Pale moon give me the same message as IE, "Click here to downloadNetDvrPlugin.exe" even though its already installed I installed it again, same message just keeps coming up as though its not installed but I know it has.

Back to the drawing board