mjharris00

Help with Samsung ssc14web and sscdvr from sams & sod14C

How can I connect the SOD14c camera with it's RJ11 connectors to a pc based DVR with cards from AverMedia NV5000?? or any company... Is there a junction box (or similar) that the RJ11 cables can plug into, and then that would plug into the PC DVR??? Or, how does anybody else do it? Or is it that the Samsung Cameras only work with a Samsung ssc14web and sscdvr from sams, type of setup? The DVR setup I saw could only record 4 cameras, thru 4 bnc output video conectors in the rear of the monitor (ssc14web). Surely there is an alternative???

HELP HELP thank you in advance

mjharris00

Here is your pin out!

RJ 11 PINOUT

1 SPEAKER (+)

2 VIDEO_OUT

3 GND

4 SPEAKER (-)

5 AUDIO_OUT/ALARM_OUT

6 12V DC

Back of Camera

Clip up, contacts down

You need to attach a bnc, or an rca connector to pin 2, and pin 3 for video, and you need to add 12 volt power to pin 6, and pin 3.

We hear your pain. We always try to urge individuals to go to a CCTV professional to have a system put together that matches their budget, and specifications.

Now you know how I feel everytime someone I find someone that has an issue that could have been prevented on the front end, rather than having to fix on the back end.

I am sorry to hear that you need the 5 - 8 channels to be recorded, and that device will not provide that. For the price though it is great for small mom n pop business that are on a tight budget!

Why don't you just buy a second one for the other 4 cams, and put both systems on the internet for remote view?

If you need the manual, then you can find it here:

http://scorpiontheater.com/samsung.aspx