Steve Evans

Java client for AvTech DVRs

Steve, Many thanks for your input! I would very much like source code. I have other AvTech stuff we can try. Tim

Thanks for the application Steve!

However I have an AVTECH 780W and it seems that the login process is a little bit different so I can't log in (using Windows XP it says: Error java io IOException: Can't read the Login data !!. tried both, command line and java -jar CCTV.jar with no arguments)

Is it possible for you to send me the source code? I want to acces my 780W and if that works as expected I'll try to make the cameras accessible through a cell phone (Java MIDlet on Nokia N95 8Gb)

Thanks in advance!

PS: I dont have enough posts yet to send you a PM so I'll appreciate if you send me any email so I can contact you, THANKS!

hi, thanks for your interest.

I have an avtech avc781 with 4 channels and the program java cctv.jar it dearly works on my pc.

I would like to know if the same program is able' to turn on my pocket pc eten glofiish x800 with mobile windows 6. when I have tried, not and' is possible to compile it because it misses some relative file. jad

Would you be prepared to point out me where to withdraw the file or which software can I take for visualizing my avtech on the pocket pc?

thanks endless.

Hi fradi, Icant believe, we have almost the same DVR, 780W is mine, but the program doesnt work on it.

Its 781 an MPEG4? 780 is MPEG2, maybe it has something to do with that?

I'm looking for the same functionality, porting the jar to a mobile device, but I probably need the source code and Eclipse

The 780 is a much older DVR, and is not a kissing cousin of the 781.

http://scorpiontheater.com/Documents/AVTech_Manual_English_AVC780_4002_V1.1.pdf

http://211.75.84.102/web/manu/781.pdf

It is a kissing cousin to the AVC 772, and the AVC 773.

This was the first AVTech 4 channel DVR (to my Knowledge) that ventured in to the MPEG direction.

This set the course for the AVC 781 DVR.

The source code I have based my app on is the applet downloaded from my DVR760. This code contains support for a number of machines of two different basic types:

The initial login looks like the following:

Get /Login.cgi?Username=admin&Password=admin&Applet=1 HTTP/1.1
Accept: */* 
Accept-Language: zh-tw
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Host: 10.50.0.46
Connection: Keep-Alive

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Content-Length: 122
Content-type: application/AV-TECH Video Server
Server: AV-TECH AV787 Video Web Server
Connection: close

Session-ID=CA91911DE6534538C142E33EFA00D9;Firmware-Version=2020;Product-ID=783E;MAC-Address=000e53XXXXXX;Host-Name=AV732E;

The client thus gets passed back a ProductID which is one of:

732E

783E

785E

787E

775W

777W

940C

940W

I'm not sure what machines these actually correspond to, but the DVR760 reports itself as a 783E and proceeds on that basis.

There seem to then be two basic second stage login processes, one for the 78x machines, and one for the others. I've not looked too much at the detail of the HTTP login process, but I'd not be at all surprised if the 780 has a different protocol again.

Just grabbing the applet for the 780 machine, decompiling it, and then calling it from a Java app should work I'd have thought.

I'm more than happy for folks to have the source for my port of my application. To be honest the whole thing is a bit untidy; the applet on which it is based mixed up processing and GUI threads horribly, so there are more threads trying to update the display than the main dispatch thread. This is why you may have noticed that the control buttons can sometimes take a while to appear when the application is first launched, and there could be other side effects. It would have been nice to just be able to download the applet from any given machine, and just put a wrapper around it to provide an application GUI framework, but it's not quite so clean.

Steve

732E AVC760 Video Server E mpeg / jpeg

783E 4 channel based on the 785 / 787 platform mpeg Video Server E

785E 8 channel mpeg Video Server E

787E 16 channel mpeg Video Server E

775W Never heard of 775W (776W is a 9 channel jpeg Video Server S, and some were modified for Video Server E).

777W 16 channel jpeg (Video Server S, and some were modified for Video Server E).

940C unknown to me.

940W unknown to me.

Edited by Guest

[snipped...] There seem to then be two basic second stage login processes, one for the 78x machines, and one for the others. I've not looked too much at the detail of the HxxP login process, but I'd not be at all surprised if the 780 has a different protocol again.

Just grabbing the applet for the 780 machine, decompiling it, and then calling it from a Java app should work I'd have thought.

I'm more than happy for folks to have the source for my port of my application.

How did you grabbed the applet? Did you mean you grabbed the HxxP traffic in your browser? I have the 780W functionality wrapped on an ActiveX embedded in the browser, I would like to do exactly as you did I'll appreciate more details regarding on how did you obtained the source code

I dont have enough posts to send you a PM, yet, however you can send PMs to me!

Having looked at the HTML source I browsed to http://:/application.jar on my DVR to download the applet. I then used the jad java decompiler, which is, I must say, very impressive. See http://www.kpdus.com/jad.html.

I then needed to convert the applet to a java application, and this required writing the code to handle the button presses that would normally be handled by the browser.

I didn't encounter any ActiveX nastiness, which is as well as I use a Mac!!!!

Any suggestions as to the best way to get a cut of the source to those who might want a copy to play with?

Steve

Any suggestions as to the best way to get a cut of the source to those who might want a copy to play with?

Steve

So thats the problem Steve! The Video Server application embedded on the browser is an ActiveX object, not a java application (at least for 780W) its a VideoServerCom dll file, but I suspect that the command set should be almost the same as in 781, it would be a matter of "find" the right login procedure and how to pass commands to the DVR

If you want you can upload the source code to Megaupload (I dont recommend Rapidshare unless you have a premium account because it will be deleted after 10 downloads)

Thaniks in advance!

See http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YSR3GWPS for jar file containing source.

I've tested it with 4 and 16 channels. For those who want a Mac app, the icon is in the Jar, so use the Jar bundler as described elsewhere in this thread.

The app no longer prompts for login details - you need to enter those on the command line.

Steve

I am using a mac and want to access my CPN102/AVC733 video web server in this same manner as you have described on here. It works with internet explorer with the activex control or through the supplied AP software (MPEG-4 Video Web Server 0.1.2.6). I cannot connect with Video Server S or Video Server E, so it's looking like it's a different login system altogether. I am only looking to view the stream, so I could probably create the java application to do that, but I can't seem to pull it off the server unit.

There seems to be a good amount of knowledge in this thread, and thanks for all of the help so far. It's a little frustrating and I would rather not have to install parallels and xp and blah blah blah just to use this one application.

... I am only looking to view the stream, so I could probably create the java application to do that, but I can't seem to pull it off the server unit.

Wingnut, you may be able to use QuickTime to view the live stream, it works for my AVC760

screen-capture.png.848518ed7a9533fb35d7f8cf75ca78ef.png

screen-capture.png.b0d36ff4f44a55dc38798409acf49854.png

Hi this a great app - much easier and more effeciaent than server E - Thanks Steve

I have it running great on my XP machine but can't get it to work on Vista.

I have updated my java and still no luck - Any ideas?

Cheers

Mike

Steve,

Thanks, let me know how it goes cos I would really love to be using it on my vista laptop.

If I can help with any testing, get in touch.

A bit more info - the app launches fine and asks for login details. It then goes to the normal screen with the controls and view but only a black screen is shown.

The same thing happens if I try and log on using the command line method

I know the login is all correct - server e and the avtech java app work fine on the vista machine.

Hope you can find the problem!

Mike

Does this work with the newer AVC 760 that use the Video Viewer instead of the Video Server E?

Thanks

It is a completly new model. It no longer has the JPEG option.

It is MPEG recording, and MPEG over the internet.

Video Viewer can connect to the older DVRs. Video Server E cannot connect to the newer DVR.

You can download Video Viewer here:

http://scorpiontheater.com/videoviewer.aspx

Is there anything that you need from me to help you with the new model?

Thanks!

I've read this thread many times, but hadn't gotten around to playing with the app until today. I have a Lorex 16ch DVR (model: DXR216). The "driver" disk (not a driver, but app) is titled PCD-732E and comes with Video Server E (v1.0.6.6). That gave me a hint about the true background of the DVR. I now know it's an AVTECH OEM'd device.

Unfortunately, I can't find any info on the web about it. I've owned it (brand new) for about 2 months. I've called Lorex, but the support folks didn't even know that I could go to the AVTech site and get stuff that would work with this DVR - go figure.

Anyway, after debugging Steve's app for a while (some variables were inititalized improperly), I've gotten as far as the InitSerialCmd function. When the app starts, it gives my DVR a "777W" ID, then the b_V732E flag = True. After that, it thinks that it's an n_Device=5, which is a "9CH DMR."

Based on everything I've read, I think this Lorex device is actually an AVC760 jpeg (thus the 732E disk that came with it.)

Anyone know anything about it? Am I just wasting my time trying to get this app to work on it? It just seems so close, yet so far.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Guest

Thanks scorpion. I looked through your site, and read some of the documents, but didn't find much that would help me identify my DVR. However, in doing more web searches, I did run into a manual for this device at the following site (can't post URLs yet): lorexstore (dot) lorextechnology (dot) com (slash) pdfs (slash) DXR216_MANUAL_EN.pdf.

It's really worthless though since everything in it refers to Video Server S, when this DVR only works with Video Server E. I did confirm though that it uses both JPEG and MPEG, so I continue to believe that it was based on the AVC760. It's possible the Steve's app doesn't work because of the dual compression format support.

I'll continue with my search, but if you can think of something else, please let me know.

Thanks again..

Your DVR is an AVTech DVR model number AVC 777. If it has an internet connection then it would be the AVC 777W.

I am surprised that you did not see your DVR on this page:

http://scorpiontheater.com/cpcamtechsupport.aspx

When this DVR first came out it did in fact use Video Server S.

AVTech came out with a model of DVRs at the time, and the newer DVRs used Video Server E.

AT that very moment in time they changed some of the chips on the board, and then updated the AVC 777, and the AVC776 to use Video Server E.

It was kind of confusing at the time for some dealers as you might get some of the stock that they were trying to deplete of the Video Server S models, or you might get a Video Server E model.

If your DVR does in fact use Video Server E, then you might be able to use Video Viewer.

http://scorpiontheater.com/videoviewer.aspx

I am surprised that Steve's AP did not work with your DVR if it does use Video Server E. Then again it may not surprise me as it may have a different chip set on the PC board compared to the AVC 760 style boards.

If you can use Video Server E then it should take Steve's AP. I just do not know why it would not.

I would not worry about the 9CH DMR(AVC 776) as the two DVRs are kissing cousins. They are identical machines except for 9 verses 16 channels. Everything else is exactly the same. Same menu, same functions, ect.

Now you are up to date! What do you think?