BurstElement

Dynacolor DS200 Password Reset

Hi Guys,

I need to reset the password on a Dynacolor Dynastore DS200 network attached storage array as the existing password seems to have become corrupt somehow.

What happens:-

When attempting to login via FTP/Web Interface/Samba the unit refuses to accept the password which I am fairly certain I am typing correctly.

When attempting to login via the telnet interface the unit the error "No valid shadow password" comes up after entering the username.

We need to access the data on this storage array so anything that destroyed the data wouldn't be acceptable either.

I'm not having much luck resetting the password on this unit... my customer needs to access the data on the unit due to an OH&S / workcover issue but I can't for the life of me get into this stupid thing.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Any Dynacolor distributors in these forums that might be able to help me out?

Hello,

Did you enter DS200 by using console cable?

And who did you buy DS200 from?

Hi Guys,

I need to reset the password on a Dynacolor Dynastore DS200 network attached storage array as the existing password seems to have become corrupt somehow.

What happens:-

When attempting to login via FTP/Web Interface/Samba the unit refuses to accept the password which I am fairly certain I am typing correctly.

When attempting to login via the telnet interface the unit the error "No valid shadow password" comes up after entering the username.

We need to access the data on this storage array so anything that destroyed the data wouldn't be acceptable either.

I wasn't able to connect to the unit via the DB9 connector on the rear of the unit with a null modem cable... perhaps that connector is for something else.

I notice inside the unit on the motherboard there is another connector (a fairly fine pitched IDC type connector) that is labelled console, however, I have no idea what the pinouts of this connector would be.

Also there is an smd tactile switch inside the unit that I also do not know what it is for... when I push it the unit just beeps and continues on as usual.

The unit was purchased by a previous installer who is now out of business... I do not know who the Dynacolor distributor is here.

I know that the username and password I have written down is/was correct prior to this problem as I have a script that previously logged in to the unit via FTP that was working until approximately 3 weeks ago... the username and password are written in this script in plain text so there is no way I have the wrong password.

Also if you try to log in to the unit via telnet and input a non existant username / password or even the default username and password (admin / 1234) the unit responds with a username/password invalid message whereas with the previously correct username/password the unit responds with "No valid shadow password" as soon as you enter the username.

If anyone could help with this I would much appreciate it, otherwise this unit (and probably the DVR) is going to have to be replaced and live out the rest of its life in my junk pile.

As far as I know, the console IDC connector of this unit is designed for technician's test purpose.

I have a nuiversal username / password for DS200. If you are willing to provide me your email address, I can send this info to your mail box.

That would be great if you could email the username / password to me...

You're a lifesaver if you can get me into this thing!

I was worried about how the customer was going to react about having to replace the DVR / NAS if I couldn't reset the password... the guy who sold them this thing upsold everything to them, they have the DG216T with the turbo module and the pos module linked up to the access control system, they even have two 19" rack mount monitors connected to it... I can only imagine the response I would receive if I suggested replacing it.

Hello guys,

I have similar problem but with DG116 dynacolour.

In last week I bought at auction broken Digital Video Recorders DG116. Damaged in the storm. I repaired power and input cameras. However, I do not know the administrator password. Password of the administrator was changed. How to restore factory settings?

DG 116 is a good recorder and a shame to throw it away.