stro1971

Avermedia NV3000 - trying to get IP camera to work

Hi All

Before I buy another card as mine is full, I'm trying to get a new IP camera I have to work on channel 1. This camera is an Ebay thing (yes from China), that works well over wired and wireless IP with its own software, but I 'm struggling to get it to work with my NV3000 card. I know how and where to set it up, but I don't get a picture. I've tried setting it up as all of the pre-programmed makes and models, but it doesn't give me a picture. Also tried directly via IP address and authentication, and still no picture. Supplier of camera, as I was expecting, does not know what protocol or model it is compatible with.

Any help very much appreciated.

Chris

I guess the bang-your-head way about it would be open up channel 1, power the camera and verify that the IP address is on the same set of domain numbers and then go down the list in the IP address model/maunfacturer section and hit search devices. It will be a lot of searching, but without knowing what manufacturer of the camera it is, you are kind of stuck.

I have seen a little quark with the 7.3 Aver software when adding IP cameras that when you select all the appropriate things on the window and type in the right IP address and the port, and hit ok. The little box saying connecting appears and no error comes to pass, but there is still no live video in the little window until you exit out of the camera IP setup window.

Make sure there is no username or password to the camera via web login, if so then you will need to add that into the IP camera setup at the bottom.