tommy13

Looking for the 6 pin pinout for Lorex equipment

Anyone have experience making their own cables for Lorex cameras that use a 6 pin mini din connector?

I'm looking to make a few short (10-20 ft.) 6 pin din extension cables for my Lorex cameras and have been unsuccessful in locating the pinout. I don't have equipment to test the individual wires to try and determine the pinout myself. I have the Lorex CCTV cable and was hoping to match the color coding of the wires to the connector.

Greatly appreciate any help!

Anyone have experience making their own cables for Lorex cameras that use a 6 pin mini din connector?

I'm looking to make a few short (10-20 ft.) 6 pin din extension cables for my Lorex cameras and have been unsuccessful in locating the pinout. I don't have equipment to test the individual wires to try and determine the pinout myself. I have the Lorex CCTV cable and was hoping to match the color coding of the wires to the connector.

Greatly appreciate any help!

would be better buying converters from lorex and then just make up bnc patch leads. following color codings on din plugs never works out as each can be differant.

LINK TO KIT,

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&sku=589906&Q=&is=REG&A=details

Thanks, tomcctv.

I've seen and considered this adapter as an option. My challenge with using it is being able to reach the end of the existing DIN cables. The existing DIN cables came to rest in the attic and there's no convenient power source to plug in this DIN to BNC adapter.

Cheers,

Tom

If you're just making an extension (male-to-female cable) the pinout shouldn't matter, just wire all the pins straight through.