geezaa

What is wrong with my Avtech KPD674?

Hey folks

I recently purchased an Avtech KPD674 DVR. The functionality is great and it's exactly what I wanted, but I'm having problems with stability/reliability.

At completely random times, the DVR throws up an error (message on screen is Err 01-001) and then restarts itself. I cannot link it down to any activity, it can happen even when the DVR is simply in live view with no other activity being performed or it can happen when doing other things like playback or network viewing.

Using the network software, I am able to look at the DVR log file and it shows the errors occurring followed by a restart. I've included an example screenshot below (there are plently more):

126685_1.jpg

In the span of 2 days, this has happened 9 times!

I have googled this error message and the only info I can find is on:

http://scorpiontheater.com/cpcamtechsupport.aspx

(roughly quarter of the page down, headed "Error Code in SYSTEM LOG")

It suggests that there is a compression error, but doesn't suggest any solutions.

I really like this DVR but the random restarts defeat the purpose of a security system.

Does anyone have any solutions? I've tried lowering the compression settings, that didn't help. This is sad as it is otherwise a perfect DVR for my needs.

The firmware version is listed as: 1017-1007-1010-1009

Roula, thank you for the firmware update, I don't know why Avtech doesn't have anything listed on its site for this DVR. How did you get hold of it?

Currently using 1030 firmware, changes noticed so far:

-OSD/GUI feels slightly more responsive/faster

-Much better Quick Search function where dates can be selected on a proper calendar

-Hugely improved online interface. It has been completely revamped and it is so much more better and useful. Currently struggling to get online playback in IE8 but I will keep fiddling around. No playback function available in Firefox.

It's been about 4 hours since update and fingers crossed, no crashes so far. I'm going to give this thing a workout over the weekend...thoroughly flex its muscles and see what happens!

Will update on Monday.

The error codes actually comes from the older IDE hard drive version DVRs.

YYY=001- AV087.............................................Chip for ch 1-4 error

YYY=002- AV087.............................................Chip for ch 5-8 error

YYY=004- AV087.............................................Chip for ch 9-12 error

YYY=008- AV087.............................................Chip for ch 13-16 error

4 channel DVRs will only have one chipset. The 16 channel DVR (AVC 787, CPD 507 for example) would have 4 chipsets.

I just got my first CPD540A (KPD674). The DVR is set up in a covert situation. Today the DVR locked up while using the browser to review footage. It locked up around 430pm Eastern Time. The DVR continues to record video even though the browser is showing a still frame when it "locked up". Pressing the stop button should have brought it back to live viewing, but that failed. I tried changing the time with Video Viewer. This DVR appears to shut down, and turn back on with change with the time settings. Changing the time did not get the DVR to reboot. The DVR had to have the power removed, and restored in order to clear the "lock up". I verified video footage and it did keep on recording video. Nice!

A quick update for you all,

It was indeed a firmware bug and 1030 has fixed my crashing issues. The unit has been working flawlessly since Friday, no hiccups at all. Now gets my highest recommendation, can't fault this thing for the price:performance ratio.

This has absolutely loads of settings for motion detection. Not a single false detection for me. Can adjust sensitivity, object size and time sensitivity per channel.

Wow, great work!

And finally, a big thank you to Andrew from APC Concepts! Great service!

Edit: Still cannot get remote playback via IE8. Not sure what's up.

the firmware version of mine KPD674 is:

1019-1008-1010-1010

is this the 1030 version?

the firmware version of mine KPD674 is:

1019-1008-1010-1010

is this the 1030 version?

No, that's an older version (first 4 digits).

I started with 1017, then updated to 1030.

thanks.

Did you use motion alarm mail?

The version 1030 can send image or video with the mail?

What does this mean?

You may have to right click the icon and use as administrator.

Is this the issue?

Are you getting an error code such as this? 0xc0000022 ? This would mean you need to be administrator.

What does this mean?

You may have to right click the icon and use as administrator.

Is this the issue?

Are you getting an error code such as this? 0xc0000022 ? This would mean you need to be administrator.

Scorpion, you are a genius!

Sorry for the vagueness. What I meant was, when I tried to replay recorded video via Internet Explorer 8, I couldn't get any playback. The screen would just stay blank, no error messages. Like this:

126965_1.jpg

Live view was working fine, only playback didn't work. However, I just tried running IE8 in administrator mode and...playback now also works!

So..I can now view live, playback recordings, and download recordings:

-directly on the DVR

-across my local area network at home through either 1. Video Viewer Software or 2. Internet Explorer 8

-worldwide across the internet through IE8

Yep, I'm a happy bunny!

Edited by Guest

thanks.

Did you use motion alarm mail?

The version 1030 can send image or video with the mail?

Sorry, I don't use the email function as it would clutter my inbox.

the new Web server Use Both Active X and Java at the same time for it to work right you have to install the new Java and let it run and you will be able to play back for the video viewer issue I just got the new file I will test it tonight and email to you scorpion it should fix any issue you are having

This file will work on CPCAM CPD550/551 AVTECH AVC 791A/792A AVTECH KPC674

ftp://211.75.84.102/Firmware/KPD674_1030.rar

If your computer is setup with other user accounts then right click the Explorer icon. You will see another Explorer icon. Right Click that one and click Run as Administrator.

This way you do not have to switch to the Admin account

the new Web server Use Both Active X and Java at the same time for it to work right you have to install the new Java and let it run and you will be able to play back for the video viewer issue I just got the new file I will test it tonight and email to you scorpion it should fix any issue you are having

This file will work on CPCAM CPD550/551 AVTECH AVC 791A/792A AVTECH KPC674

ftp://211.75.84.102/Firmware/KPD674_1030.rar

Have you tried the firmware? Will it work on 791A flawlessly?

===============Problem===================

I have just installed AVTECH 791A at a customer site and the same is giving the following problem:

I have installed two cameras on Cam 1 and Cam 2.

I have connected a Monitor to the DVR and can see the 2 camera video feed.

When i connect through Internet Explorer i can see the two camera video feed

But when i use the Video Viewer i get only Video feed from Camera1. I cannot see video feed from cam 2. I have tried all options / functions, but it is not coming.

In the form where i add the DVR IP address to Video Viewer. I clicked on “GET TYPE” and it does not give the type there.

After it is added. When i select the IP address and click on edit it shows type as 16 CH DVR.

I have installed 796 and 798 and never faced this problem. They all have worked well.

Do you have a solution for the same? I think there is a Firmware problem.. Does you have an update for the same? Need urgent help.

The Firmware version of 791A DVR is 1021-1011-1011-1012

Video Viewer version is 0.1.5.0

Hello,

First of all I would like to thanks for this wonderful forum!

I have found it today while I was using google, trying to find a solution for my problem…

I have a KPD-674(ZL), everything was working fine, until i have decided to format my computers.

I have 3 pc’s with win XP, The problem is with web interface, I cannot using the playback, the screen staying black, and im getting the message “channel x : playback failed”

problemdj-1.png

Im using ie .8 on 2 pc’s and ie 6 on the third. The strange thing is that the playback is working on the 2 pc’s (ie .8 & ie 6) but not on the third pc (ie 8 )

That is very strange because the two pc’s have the same operating system (winxp sp3 ie 8 ) how is possible to work in the first and not in the other ?

I have updated the dvr firmware today with KPD674_1042.rar (thanks roula for this) but still I have the same problem.

I have tried everything, (running ie 8 in administrator mode, updating the coders, install vlc, but still can’t make it working)

Also did somebody can tell me what it means the ZL after my dvr KPD674 model?,

Can i use the firmware updates for the A models?

The original firmware version was : 1039D-1014D-1017D-1016D now is :

1042-1014-1018-1017, what was the D, that it’s “gone” ?

Also before one week I have noticed that the playback wasn’t works on ie 9 in windows 7 any solution for this ? (preview mode is ok)

untill now and after the update the dvr is working well, from the video viewer I can playback saved files. But not on ie.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my big post.

I have had the same problem. IE8 on Windows 7 pro 64 bit.

If you have Avast Virus checker try disabling the "Web shield". Playback of events works for me in IE8 now.

I have posted on another thread on this forum asking how to put in an exclusion for Avast so that I can re-enable the web shield. no reply yet.

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=25600&p=157472&e=157472

I hope this helps.

Regards Allen.

Hello Allen,

You're right, that was the problem..

I founded when i was make format on my laptop, but i forgot to post it after.

Thanks anyway in advance.

Everything is ok now!