aravindbprasad

Help for HoneyWell Home Security Troubleshooting

I have a Honeywell-wired Home Security System Intellisense 2361. Now a beeping sound from it, It's Keypad is in jam position. I free up the keyboard and clean it. After cleaning, i connect the keypad to it, the beep sounds not stop, what i do. Also i lost its user manual and it's operating manual,.....?

I have a Honeywell-wired Home Security System Intellisense 2361. Now a beeping sound from it, It's Keypad is in jam position. I free up the keyboard and clean it. After cleaning, i connect the keypad to it, the beep sounds not stop, what i do. Also i lost its user manual and it's operating manual,.....?

in main control panal pull main power fuse and then disconnect battery count to 10 reconnect battery (alarm will sound) replace main power replace cover. then on keypad entre your code and press reset twice.

Also to eliminate the beep without removing the batterries.

The Another Problem was that hoe will we find the installation and operating instructions in pdf or in doc form

Edited by Guest

in main control panal pull main power fuse and then disconnect battery count to 10 reconnect battery (alarm will sound) replace main power replace cover. then on keypad entre your code and press reset twice.

with out removing the batterry.....

sorry yes replace battery (before cover)

ok, Then where will I find its Oprating Manual & its Installation Guide...

did you do the reset.............did it work ??? did you install the system. you will also need to remove the engineers code to use the installation manual.

No, still the alarm beeps....

Please help I want its OPerating Manual & its Installation Instructions for case study.......

for a case study. i have every manual for honeywell / ADE alarm system. and as you are not an engineer i think it would be wrong to pass all reset and flash info onto anyone. someone posted only the other day as to why there is not a alarm sub forum. i am against this as it would mean every reset or flash codes will be made available to the world and i dont think this is right for the alarm industry. just as i think reset codes for cctv should be posted.

I dont know that system but I installed and serviced Ademco Alarm systems for several years. When the keypad would not work, meaning touch some keys and they dont do anything, or takes a few hard presses, in many cases it is just dirty, to clean we would open the keypad up, and there is a rubber piece that has the actual buttons, and that goes over the keypad board; press the button and the part under the rubber for that button then touches the circuit on the board and it does its work. We would just clean that rubber piece and the board itself. Also, sometimes the keypad is just bad and that needs to be replaced.

What exactly is happening though? Could just be a bad keypad.

Ok, a couple things that cause keypad to beep continously .. first what is on the keypad, I cant say what it means though as I only know ademco alarms, but a user manual for the that system should tell you. Examples with Ademco alarm system:

1-Bad Battery, or fuse - can cause siren to go off also.

2-Damaged Keypad Wire - more common, also will have a code on the keypad.

3-Bad keypad - back to this, can you get your hands on another keypad.

I would check the keypad wire first, test the keypad at the alarm panel itself with a short wire.

Note, ive been out of the alarm field for a while (professionally) so I may not be the best source to rely on, just wanted to add my 10 cents