tds1

Help with AVER Digi EH1000H

I set up an AverDigi EH1000H hybrid DVR and 4 analong CNB cameras. I was planning on adding IP cameras to the setup, but I am having problems with the AverDigi. I will admit I found the initial setup a bit difficult, and the documentation not very good. The remote viewing seems very slow (from a computer connected to the network). It takes almost a minute to load the remote viewer from internet explorer, which seems pretty slow (I have a i7 desktop and gigabit router/switches). I also was never able to figure out how to review video from the desktop (I could do it attached to the Averdigi with a local monitor).

In any case, my question/current issue is that when I enter the IP address from internet explorer, it eventually loads the remote viewer and the login. However, as soon as I enter the login ID/password, IE crashes. So I can't access the remote viewer. I am using the latest version of IE (version 9) - which I upgraded to hoping that would fix the issue. It didn't. Any suggestions?

As an aside, would another hybrid DVR have quicker remote viewing capability? I am tempted to purcase a hybrid NVR like QNAP and use encoders for the 4 analogs. Is there any way to the use Aver simply as an encoder for the QNAP? I am sure the Averdigi is a great device, as it seems to be popular, but thus far it has been a frustration!

It takes almost a minute to load the remote viewer from internet explorer

sounds like you are using the webviewer and not the remote viewer also which ports are you using ??

It takes almost a minute to load the remote viewer from internet explorer

sounds like you are using the webviewer and not the remote viewer also which ports are you using ??

Correct - I was trying to use the webviewer. The desktop software installed is Remote iSetup, Remote iBackup, and Qplayer. Is there another program I am missing? I can view the cameras in remote iSetup, and that that is definitely faster. Is that what you mean? Can I review the recorded video through iSetup as well?

I don't recall ever setting the ports during setup. When I go into Remote iSetup, it says the port setting is 80.

In any case, my question/current issue is that when I enter the IP address from internet explorer, it eventually loads the remote viewer and the login. However, as soon as I enter the login ID/password, IE crashes. So I can't access the remote viewer. I am using the latest version of IE (version 9) - which I upgraded to hoping that would fix the issue. It didn't. Any suggestions?

re the Averdigi is a great device, as it seems to be popular, but thus far it has been a frustration!

I don't have any personal experience with that DVR but sounds like it may not like IE9. Have you tried setting compatibility mode in IE9 "on"? Do you have another PC or laptop you can use that has IE8 or even older version of IE on it to test with?

I also don't think you'll need to worry about ports unless you want to view live/recorded video remotely (work, vaction, etc). That being the case you'll need to setup some port forwarding in your router. If you're not sure how to do that search on your router model number and "port forwarding", you'll surely find step by step instructions on how to do that.

once webviwer is loaded click on second icon up and the system will load remote viewer to your pc and insert a icon onto your desk top. so its always there. then it gives you same screen as your dvr.

port 80 web viewer. and you also need 5550/56/1056. if you want to use iphone/ ipad/ android / BB / and the free ddns service

85b7e48f76397ddfb7f70fa2e6c0eb06-1.jpg

Thanks tomcctv and benf for the really quick replies!

I upgraded to IE 9 because I was hoping it would fix the problem. It was working fine previously on IE 8, and then stopped working. I tried compatibility mode, but I am getting a C++ debug compatibility error, and then it crashes. It won't let me install the remote viewer as tomcctv suggested because I have to login first. As soon as I login, it crashes. I tried to load in google chrome as well as safari, but it says it is loading software and then never does.

I will try this on another computer and see what happens.

how old is your dvr. ??? new firmware was releast 3 weeks ago

also you need to run IE in administrator mode. as is calling for software .... right click I.E select run as administrator then load webviwer then click on remote icon.

you enter http://local ip:5550 to get webviewer.

It was working fine previously on IE 8, and then stopped working. I tried compatibility mode, but I am getting a C++ debug compatibility error, and then it crashes.

Have you tried deleting temp files from your IE cache? I know that's about as common as telling someone to restart their PC (yes, I'm in IT support - lol) but it seems to resolve a lot of issues when IE's behavior changes.

Definitely as Tom said... run IE in admin mode. That one slipped by me since I'm still on XP for the most part where you don't have to do all that jazz.

Ok - I am getting somewhere, much thanks to both of you.

I tried one of my older laptaps which is on wireless. It ran the webviewer without problem. So, I then clicked on remote viewer and it installed it. Here is the strange thing. Webviewer loads VERY quickly on this laptop (a huge suprise). It works great! Remote viewer also loads very quickly. So both appear to work as I would have hoped. It's awesome! But there is no reason wireless should be much faster than desktop (it isn't for anything else) - so I need to get the desktop working.

So, now I just have to figure out why my superfast desktop has never run Webviewer quickly, and why it is no longer running on explorer. I ran explorer in adminsitrator mode - didn't make a difference. I cleared the temp internet files - still didn't work. I think if I could uninstall the ActiveX control that initially ran the first time and let it re-install I would probably be OK. Any idea how to do that?

go to tools. then internet options. then programs then manage add ons and revove aver active x. the start the download again in administrator mode

go to tools. then internet options. then programs then manage add ons and revove aver active x. the start the download again in administrator mode

Wow - you guys are awesome! I uninstalled program in IE and re-installed on the desktop. Now it is back working again. I then downloaded remote viewer and it seems to be working properly on the desktop!! The web viewer still loads very slowly on the desktop vs the laptop which is very odd. But, the remote viewer runs quickly so I don't really care. I turned off windows firewall to see if the web viewer would run faster, but I didn't notice any difference. I don't currently have anti-virus running.

Thanks everyone for the really fast help!

The web viewer still loads very slowly on the desktop vs the laptop which is very odd. But, the remote viewer runs quickly so I don't really care.

Out of curiosity do you have a proxy setup in IE, or auto detect turned on? (Tools, Internet Options, Connections tab, LAN Settings) Both of those could slow the initial load. Otherwise not sure but as you said doesn't really matter if the viewer is working.

All this is good info for me too as I'll be getting an Aver hybrid very soon.

Hi. webviewer will always look for active x first ...... its not for home use. its just there for if you want to go on holiday or something and you dont want to carry software around.

but at workplace of home or family members remote viewer is the software used.

The web viewer still loads very slowly on the desktop vs the laptop which is very odd. But, the remote viewer runs quickly so I don't really care.

Out of curiosity do you have a proxy setup in IE, or auto detect turned on? (Tools, Internet Options, Connections tab, LAN Settings) Both of those could slow the initial load. Otherwise not sure but as you said doesn't really matter if the viewer is working.

All this is good info for me too as I'll be getting an Aver hybrid very soon.

Turned off auto detect, but no difference in load speed. I also have a few other internet add ons that initially load really slow. Just going to have to chalk that up to a computer mystery I am not going to solve! I least I can view the DVR now with remote viewer - speed is fine on that.

Hi. webviewer will always look for active x first ...... its not for home use. its just there for if you want to go on holiday or something and you dont want to carry software around.

but at workplace of home or family members remote viewer is the software used.

Awesome - really appreciate the help. One more question if I could (this should be easier). I have it set to Motion recording, Sensitivity at 70. Ideally it would only record cars or people etc. But it seems to be recording most of the time - so even very minor things are triggering it (leaves moving). Any suggestions on what to set the sensitivity to?

this can also be down to camera settings motion does take a bit of work to set up. but you also have smart record which will also save you HD space