BlackDiamond

Q-See QT 528 cannot port forward cannot remote view

Need help/advice please. Q-See QT528 cannot port forward cannot remote view.

My devices are:

Q-See QT528 with 8 cameras

Netgear WNDR3400v1 Router

ISP - Smart Bro Philippines

Toshiba Satellite Laptop/ Kaspersky Pure

I spent the last 3 days trying just about everything that I read to do on many websites, manuals, etc. to remote monitor the QT528. I'm out of options so I decided to ask for advice here.

The problem seems to be that I am unable to accomplish port forward. I followed the Q-See manual verbatim, no luck although I do get an OK on the QT528 when I do the 2 network tests (IP and update DDNS) so the DVR is communicating to the internet. I'm also able to "locally" log into the DVR on my laptop and view the cameras over the WAN/LAN using the IP assigned by the router so the DVR is broadcasting over the router. I'm just not able to remote view over the internet in any capacity.

All port checks failed using several software and web based port checks. The odd thing is that I was able to do a successful port check on both DVR default ports 80/6036 when i connected to my VPN using a stateside IP address but I'm still not able to remote connect with the VPN connected. Could it be that Q-See remote monitoring won't work overseas?

I read where it's possible for an ISP to somehow block/restrict port 80 so I'm not sure if that's the case here. I also discovered that the QT528 requires minimum 1Mbps Upload Speed 1Mbps Download speed. A speed test on speedtest.net revealed sufficient download speed but a third of the required upload speed. I think i should still be able to at least connect regardless of this though.

Tasks that I've tried so far to troubleshoot the problem.

QT528:

- updated the firmware

- enabled UPnP/disabled UPnp

- tried a static IP

- changed both 80/6036 Default ports, tried 80 to 89 and 6030 to 6036

WNDR3400v1:

- enabled UPnP/disabled UPnP

- manually configured port forwarding to the DVR

- paid $30 to PFConfig (useless)

- updated firmware/rolled back to old firmware

- disabled/enabled the firewall

- enabled/disabled DDNS

Kaspersky Pure:

- enabled/disabled

- I also tried using a laptop with no antivirus installed

I would appreciate any advice with this challenge.

Thank you.

Edited by Guest

You said you are able to logon "locally". On whatever device you are using to view the cameras, are you using your WAN IP or your LAN IP? If you're using your LAN IP from inside the LAN, then that bypasses the router all together. If your inside the LAN and use your WAN IP to access the DVR successfully, then that means port forwarding is setup properly.

If you throw a VPN connection into the mix, whoever administers that VPN network can allow or deny access on any port. It is also true that your ISP can block certain ports. They don't block just port 80, sometimes they block a large number of commonly used server ports in an attempt to prevent "residential" users from sucking up all the bandwidth and running servers from their houses.

You also mentioned trying a static IP. Are you referring to a static LAN IP for the DVR or WAN IP from your ISP? When port forwarding, it's always safer to assign your device a static IP and forward the port to that IP. Some routers also allow you to assign a static IP from the DHCP server. The DHCP server can reserve an IP for use by a particular device based on that devices MAC address and whenever that devices connects and requests an IP from the DHCP server, it gets the same one. Your router may or may not support this. That's why I say it's safe to do it the old fashioned way and assign a manual address.

If you would like me to see if I can see your DVR from my end, just PM me the details.

Good luck.

Jason

You said you are able to logon "locally". On whatever device you are using to view the cameras, are you using your WAN IP or your LAN IP?

I can log into see the cameras from my laptop via WiFi and Ethernet by typing the static IP 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.2/WebClient.html appears and i can log into see the cameras. I am not able to remote view using DDNS.

You also mentioned trying a static IP. Are you referring to a static LAN IP for the DVR or WAN IP from your ISP?

Static IP 192.168.1.2 is set on the DVR where Ports 80/6036 are forwarded to.

I understand how that works.

Thanks for the help. I PM'd you

hi. see if port 80 is blocked ...... change it to 85 or something. then remember you have to add the port into the wan address (as your not using 80)

http://yourexternalip:85

also with some ISP you cant use your external ip on your own lan so you will need to test away from your own network or get a friend to log on for you.

hi. see if port 80 is blocked ...... change it to 85 or something. then remember you have to add the port into the wan address (as your not using 80)

I tried that already. From my original post: I changed both 80/6036 Default ports, tried 80 to 89 and 6030 to 6036

also with some ISP you cant use your external ip on your own lan so you will need to test away from your own network or get a friend to log on for you

Wow, I was unaware that I may not be able to log into The Q-See DDNS website to remote view because I'm attempting it from the same public ip address that my DVR system is connected to. That's interesting, perhaps that's the problem. So to test that theory I'll try logging on from another location. Thanks for that tip.

hi. i would try with your external ip first before using there ddns service. just to take out setup problems then once working then set the ddns service.

from a pc on the same network as your dvr type myip into google. or click on link for your external ip. http://www.whatismyip.com/

hi. i would try with your external ip first before using there ddns service. just to take out setup problems then once working then set the ddns service.

from a pc on the same network as your dvr type myip into google. or click on link for your external ip. http://www.whatismyip.com/

I had my brother try to open my public IP from his house - Could not find website then he tried the DDNS, same results.

sounds like a problem with your dvr ip.

the q-see will show 2 ip addresses 1 in network and the other in the information window ...... both should be the same.

or remove the information box all together from dvr. you can do this with the firmware ........ sent to your PM box.

if you can access the DVR locally in the LAN and the DVR loads up your problem is with your port forwarding.

check this how to config your router http://www.manualowl.com/m/Netgear/WNDR3400v1/Manual/220076?page=87

once completed both needed ports go to canyouseeme.org and check if the port forward worked.

also make sure your other network setting on the DVR are correct, Subnet and gateway. (255.255.255.0/192.168.1.x) if these are missing the router will have problems forwarding the requests.

sounds like a problem with your dvr ip.

the q-see will show 2 ip addresses 1 in network and the other in the information window ...... both should be the same.

or remove the information box all together from dvr. you can do this with the firmware ........ sent to your PM box.

This is interesting.

I updated the QT528 Firmware version 3.1.92 for QT526 and QT528 that was released 3/1/2012 http://qsee.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1369/kw/qt528

I now have a Server tab in Network that was not there before and it "is not" enabled. The default settings are below. There is "no" information on this server setting in the QT528 manual or on the internet. Should I enable it and add other than default data?

Enable (It's not enabled)

Server 192.168.3.123 (this is the default)

Server Port 1002 (this is the default)

Device ID 382 (this is the default)

Port forwarding for this model, needs a router and an isp that can give you Public IP Address. I already setup 3 units of this DVR Model...

I have the same DVR. I had to change the 80 to 85. Then I simply port forwarded the 85 to the DVR's DHCP Static IP I setup for it. The UPNP did the rest in the UPNP tab on my router. Pretty simple. My router supported loopback, so I could test the link that I would use outside.

Port forwarding for this model, needs a router and an isp that can give you Public IP Address. I already setup 3 units of this DVR Model...

I also have this problem (cant view from local network). From outside my own network, using port 80 i get as far as the blue log in page but when i enter the password and press log in it seems to start the connection process but then get "connection failed" error message, the dvr is connected to the Comcast cable/modem by ethernet cable, so connection IS solid.

With the help of Comcast "Signature Service" tech support>>>I tried one of the suggestions and played with re-assigning to port 88 and then also tried port 8080, no luck there (I dont even get to the blue log in page). On the second try, i even had the Comcast tech actually set up ports for me (remote access) and he "thinks" there might be something defective with the cable/modem preventing/not allowing the ports to open, he recommended to have the unit exchanged. He said he has assisted a handful of customers with their monitoring set ups but never assisted a customer with the type of modem we have, the newer SMC cable modem with built-in wifi.

Hi,

I read this valuable thread. I have been fighting with the same problem for about a month. I have DAHUA DVR, using static IP I was able to view the cameras locally without any issue. I visited UAE and tried it there but it didn't work, now in Canada I am still helpless. Not as much known about the technology, I am stuck with the issue and the port changing etc. had been tried by the technical people at the other end.

When IP is given to the browser, it gives a program to be installed but installation never completes......

Seeks help, if anyone can offer......

Ok what is see now is your isp is giving you a private IP (internal IP)

Goto your router status and see if you WAN is gettin

192.xxx.xxx.x

172.xxx.xxx.x

10.x.x.x

then if your WAN IP is like these i think your in a private IP

you'd better ask your ISP for Static Public IP