dmaj123

Remote viewing Qsee QT software

Please help!. Unable to view live from remote..Cannot connect because server not found ( if outside home network..)

Qt See http port 81

Server port 1723

Obtain Ip Address Automatically is checked

Local IP address 192.168.002.004

Gateway and Prefered 192.168.002.001

Alternate DNS is blank

TEST shows ok

SERVER: server 192.168.002.004

Server Port 1723

Device ID 382

Other Settings: ddns type myq-see.com

User name (my email address)

Password *****

Host domain: ****.myq-see.com

TEST OK

Using Belkin Router Ports 81 and 1723 Both show open according to IP address tester

Entered IP address from whatsmyip. ***.***.***.***:81

Cannot log in to ****.myq-see.com or my home network from anywhere outside my network with my Samsung galaxy S3 with correct software..CAN remote view with Samsung within home network..

What am I missing.

With phone software you usually leave off the :81, so just use your myqsee address in the address field. In the port field use 1723.

When you're away from home and in an IE browser on a computer, then use the myqsee address with :81 and you'll hit the cameras.

tried settings posted last night to no avail..when I ented myq-see address, do I enter http also...I have tried entering my actual IP address withoud the port 80 or 81 and added 1723 instead.

On myq-see.com I tried 1723 AFTER a colon but still no success..I have not tried a laptop outside of my home at this time. Sorry I do not understand all of this..Thank you for your help..

For Q-See, depends on which models you have. Their original series were from TVT, which uses Super Live Pro app, this one you DO have to put the http port at the end.

Their IP series are Dahua, which uses gdmss or idmss, this one you DON'T have to put the http port at the end, just the server port at the port field.

Your router might not support using DDNS while internal, try to use your local address if you are using internal wifi.

For your port forwarding, your address should be this:

and not

So far I have tried everything listed...I CAN login and view from within home network on my Samsung Galaxy 3..I cannot login and view either home QT system or QT See dns website with my login thru QT Viewer..I also cannot connect to my IP address from outside..I am guessing this is a router problem but cannot find anything else to change...Even router firewall is turned off.. Any more ideas ???

well, I have tried everything listed so far...even set up and set ddns with port forwarding to DynDnsstill no success..went back and reset defaults on QSEE SOFTWARE..still unable to connect...SERVER not found...any more suggestions?

UPNP may not work, because it only works for 60% of the network environment.

if it works in your LAN, make sure your ports are open, check ports in www.yougetsignal.com.

some DVR in the market has smarter function, they call P2P, means you scan use your phone, then connect to internet, or click the p2p button, then click your router p2p button at the back, it connected. my Q1C1 dvr does it.

Most of all the newer QT models are support P2P (Scan N View) now. If you know your QT model number, then just go to Q-See.com and find this model number in the support page and see if it has the firmware update to support P2P.

Sounds like you just don't know how to setup your router. You need to setup port forwarding to the internal address of 192.168.1.4. That way when you try to access your gateway address it sends you to that dvr(computer). If you have a piece of crap router like the one that comes with att or comcast you probably have this problem.

Sounds like you just don't know how to setup your router. You need to setup port forwarding to the internal address of 192.168.1.4. That way when you try to access your gateway address it sends you to that dvr(computer). If you have a piece of crap router like the one that comes with att or comcast you probably have this problem.

well unfortunately QT technicians' were unable to find out either. the ports are open and they were able to check them as correct. they walked me thru every setting on my phone and last communication said no more ideas.

my isp said they do not block ports either but did say I may have to have static address even tho my ip address has been the same last 3 years according to checking by canyouseeme.org.

You need to setup port forwarding in your router. You need to choose the ip/computer of your dvr in your internal network and forward to that. And yes since you're running dhcp on your ISP if you loose your dhcp lease you will need to get your new external ip address by doing the canyouseeme website.

Search other google sites on how to setup port forwarding with your specific router model number. Good luck!

You need to setup port forwarding in your router. You need to choose the ip/computer of your dvr in your internal network and forward to that. And yes since you're running dhcp on your ISP if you loose your dhcp lease you will need to get your new external ip address by doing the canyouseeme website.

search other google sites on how to setup port forwarding with your specific router model number. Good luck!

the techs at QSee walked me thru every setting after I sent them ALL information they ask for plus a lot they did not want. the only I cannot change is my internet service which is WIFI from local tower. I do not have cable available unless I cough up a little over $10,000 to run it less than 1 mile. this won't happen.

To those of you that offered suggestions: QSEE support had tried to assist me thru at least 25 emails and 3 telephone calls with 2 calls FROM their techs. The email from tech support two days ago told me of a firmware update dated 5/28/2014 and gave me link and instructions on updating. I downloaded and installed according to their instructions. It took about 15 minutes for system to reboot completely. All of my settings were retained when done. The next morning I checked with my android at work. The DVR is NOW working as I expected. Tech support had told me that they could not get me going. Then an email and firmware fixed my problem.

Thanks to all and Especially To QT Techs.

I found a youtube video (

) on this topic which identified port 6063 which also need to be opened for my QT DVR. As soon as I did that it worked like a charm on both my PC and my iPhone. I'm guessing this port is necessary for the webclient to operate.