eyal8r

NVR Suggestions please?

Hey guys-

I have a some 3MP Hikvision bullets and a dome. I've been running them off of a POE switch to my server- but am having constant server issues and just can't keep spending time on it. I use the server for other things- so when it updates, goes down, etc- I lose the cameras as well. I want to switch to a dedicated NVR system.

Requirements-

1080p on all cameras

real time viewing via web/smart phone (iOS)

Ability to add additional HDDs easily, with enough capacity to expand to multiple drives.

I plan on adding additional cameras too (just a few). I'm thinking 8-16 channel NVR for sure.

What's a decent NVR right now, for a decent price? Are there any good features that I'm not really listing here?

Thanks for the help!!!

If you have hikvision cameras, best to get Hikvision NVR.

Here's a few questions to consider...

-What's your budget?

-how many ports POE switch do you have now?

-Do you need NVR with built-in POE or without is fine?

-How many total cameras at 3mp do you plan to have and what FPS do you need them at?

Personally, I'd stick to getting a Hikvision NVR for Hikvision cameras. Dahua is a good compatible option but most Hikvision cameras usually lose some of there functions/features when you use other brands alongside them.

Awesome! Thanks guys! I'm leaning to an 8 port Hikvision NVR. Any specific model I should look at? Or dealer for best service/price?

Do they ALL provide full 1080p across all 8 channels at the same time? The fine print is hard to figure out sometimes...

Seems like the DS-7608NI-SP is the way to go. It has 8-ports POe on the back, no switches required, and full 40MB Bandwidth. Your thoughts?

In case anyone is interested later- I'm going with the Hikvision DS-7608NI-SE/8P 8 Channel POE Plug N Play Hi Def NVR Recorder from Nelly's. Seems to be perfect, with a fair price. I'll let you know once it's all installed and running.

If you want to run 4 or more 3mp cameras at max. resolution and max. FPS at the max. recommended variable bit rate for both main and sub-streams, the 40MB input bandwidth on the 7608 is insufficient.