rory

GeoVision Portable EZViewLog for AVI Event Files

GeoVision Portable EZViewLog for AVI Event Files

NOTE: this is not a custom software program, but simply a version of the EzLog backup program which is included with Geo.

This is for AVI Event files which may have been copied direct from the DVR or downloaded using Remote Playback.

This is the same version created from 8.1.1 when using the View Log backup feature.

If you are using Remote Playback to download video files, this will certainly help you. This allows you to watch the [downloaded] video files as if you were sitting in front of the DVR.

It helps for identifying perpetrators and following incidents, especially when viewing multiple cameras, as you can view all cameras in multi view. You can dump any Geo AVI event files into this, even as far back as a couple years ago.

All other View Log features also exist such as Timeline Search, Backup, Save AVI, etc.

This is great for Evidence Sharing such as when the Police require recorded video, and is highly recommended over just supplying them with single AVI files.

Instructions:

* Create the required camera folders (cam05, cam01, etc)

* Create the date folders (0617 - June 17th) under the camera folders

* Copy the [downloaded] AVI event files into their date folder (make sure it is the correct camera folder also).

example camera file (txt) and folder included

Once you have added all the files, use the EZRepairLog500.exe file to update the database.

* Select all cameras, click OK.

* Choose the button to browse for the default path (to the right of the label Default Path), click OK.

* You will see the default path in the list box; this is the path to the folder where EZViewlog is now located and where your video files were placed.

* Check the box "Rebuild all information.."

* Click the button "Use Default Path"

Thats it. Now you can either run EZViewLog500.exe to view the playback, or you can simply copy the entire folder to a CD or other portable media.

Additional:

The file GeoLan.ini contains the main configuration for EZViewlog. You can do most of that in the EZViewLog setup section. However in this file you can also name the cameras as well as set the default camera (the one that plays first or is in the top left window). Setting the camera names is self explanatory, but to set the default camera find this line and edit the camera number:

[4-Any]

Current=0 <-change 0 to your default camera

AVI Event File Information:

example file name:

Event20070617043855005.avi

=================

Event - default

2007 - year

06 - month

17 - day

04 - hour

38 - minutes

55 - seconds

005 - camera

.Avi - extension

Notes:

* Files from previous versions such as 7.0, will also work with this.

* When you add/delete AVI event files you must run the Repair Log to update the database.

* If you name a camera it will be the same for any AVI event files placed in that camera folder.

* You can name the EZlog folder anything you like.

Download:

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/dl/?q=ezlog.zip

More Info:

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/ezlog.asp

Edited by Guest

I am working Computer Forensics on CCTF disk. The disk was given as part of discovery and I believe the dates on the video file are altered. IE the subject set the time on the system to create an alibi. The only other date I have is on a GeoLan.ini file which places the time correctly, can someone explain how this GeoLan.ini file works?

Thanks

Hmm, the Geo files are time stamped and named according to the DVR system time, but the DVR system takes the time from the "Windows" time. If all of the video files names were changed, it should have a dte modified on for everyone. I'm not sure where else to look, was there perhaps a camera that had a clock in view?

I am working Computer Forensics on CCTF disk. The disk was given as part of discovery and I believe the dates on the video file are altered. IE the subject set the time on the system to create an alibi. The only other date I have is on a GeoLan.ini file which places the time correctly, can someone explain how this GeoLan.ini file works?

Thanks

Hi, the GeoLan file just contains settings for using EzViewlog, it will not actually do anything to the video file itself.

Please send me password, This sounds like the best software I have ever heard of....I have taken to putting in 500gb hard drive in hot swap bay copying event files and bringing home to watch...can not do remotely b/c bandwidth at my business has extremely slow upload....wish I could see all cameras at once (ie multiview) with the files I have been bringing home...instead I have to watch each camera alone....VERY time consuming...thanks for all your great work Rory

Hi, sent the password. Not a problem either, hope it helps someone out. Ofcourse it is Geo software, I just put it here for Geo users to make it easier, and also show what else it is really capable of doing.

May I get the password please? I tried tp PM but it will not allow me....

Sorry, but the administrator has prevented you from sending private messages, or you have under 10 posts.

Any spam attempt will fail

Also, please do not use the PM system to send unsolicated advertising messages to members. If you try your account may be DISABLED.