rory

dvr no name, OEM??

a local security store wants me to install a 4cam DVR they bought for a client, and some low cost cameras, so im going to do it, as im not turning down money! But, the DVR has no name, the book with it , has no addres or names either, its a 4 channel DVR is all I can tell from it, anyone know whats the deal, he is selling it for like $1500 bahamian, which has to mean it only cost around $400-700 originally!

Rory

ok, but it 'supposedly' has a hard drive, looks similar though, very similar (doesnt have Vitak on it though!), I took a more detailed look at the back of it than the front, but either way, once the guy calls me back, ill be installing it anyway.

I was so surprised not to see any name at all on it!

Not in the manual either, no address, or anything. (in other, where do you send it for warranty like what comes in the manuals of the normal DVRs)

It had a check on the box that it was a 4 channel, the only other selction was a 1 channel. maybe it is just a quad processor like this one though, which would be why it is so inexpensive.

thanks though alan, you are on the mark as usual (do you have this stuff bookmarked! , this could be the same , just from the manufacturer direct, OEM product?

no the vitek one looks like it more, the DVR i looke at, has a SCSI port as well as SVHS.

though, interesting link, BRANDING the DVR

As for own logo on the software, GE Interlogix allows me to do that now, once I write my own softyware, which I have done.

But heads up on the link

Rory

i posted this elsewhere on this forum:

for remote video monitoring, im looking for a DVR rack mount, that uses a simple checp video server on the client side (no DVR), and on the remote side, i need some rack mounteable equip to record the remote video, preferably non PC based, but if it has to be PC based, then that is fine. Most important, at the monitoring side, can add/remove normal hard drives when needed. In other words, as we get more clients, we'd like to add our own locally bought hard drives as we need more space.

I havent found anything yet to do this ..anyone??

Rory

VSSI has them on sale with an 80 GB hdd for $795 U.S. I'm sure they can ship to you even though they are located in Los Angeles. I think they sell just about anywhere. Here is a link to their web site.

www.vsscctv.com

If you are calling them or emailing write to Vic, the owner. His email is vic@vsscctv.com

I am currently talking to Katy form AVTECH, they are working on a I/P transmition box, it actually has some cool features but it is far from a polished product yet, it would seem they have not over come the interlacing problem yet.

The box they sell is less than $100 US so pretty impressive for a four cam server, it also has a cool feature it takes a large cam image when viewing remotely and breaks that image into 4 equal qudrants and then if you click top left or bottom right of the picture etc it zooms to that area alone and does not zoom the rest of the picture, very handy for wide angles.

I would eb very interested to know what pricing gets offered to you from them with their standalone box can you email and let me know as I will ask her too and would like to see if the same is offered.

Also I can tell you where to get a simple standalone box with 4 inputs of video and 4 inputs of sensors, it will record at 100fps total but has no remote software or motion detection (unless you use the sensors to trigger it) and does not support removable HDD's BUT IT IS ONLY $200 US

Pretty darn cheap!

I am currently talking to Katy form AVTECH, they are working on a I/P transmition box, it actually has some cool features but it is far from a polished product yet, it would seem they have not over come the interlacing problem yet.

The box they sell is less than $100 US so pretty impressive for a four cam server, it also has a cool feature it takes a large cam image when viewing remotely and breaks that image into 4 equal qudrants and then if you click top left or bottom right of the picture etc it zooms to that area alone and does not zoom the rest of the picture, very handy for wide angles.

I would eb very interested to know what pricing gets offered to you from them with their standalone box can you email and let me know as I will ask her too and would like to see if the same is offered.

Also I can tell you where to get a simple standalone box with 4 inputs of video and 4 inputs of sensors, it will record at 100fps total but has no remote software or motion detection (unless you use the sensors to trigger it) and does not support removable HDD's BUT IT IS ONLY $200 US

Pretty darn cheap!

sure, what is the $200 one, do you have a name or link in the US i can look up?

thanks

Rory

I am not sure who would sell in the US.. In fact we dont even buy from teh manufactorer, however it is so close to the pricing (so we are told).. I think we get it form somewhere else now, will have to check the invoices but you can get it fromhttp://www.koreacctv.com and they should be able to tell you where it is sold in the US.