I have researched building our own DVR system using the Avermedia NV6480Express cards. Some of the feedback and advice provided by members of this forum has been very helpful. We are going to build a test system with 2 NV6480 cards but we also have an immediate need for 62 channels on one project and 90 on another. Talked to Avermedia and they strongly suggested I look at their SA6832. Basically a prebuilt PC with 2 of the NV6480 Express cards. It appears I can get this for less than $3500.00 for the 32 channel unit and can add two 1TB SATA drives in the removable trays for $600. It comes basic with a 500Gb drive. Considering you would pay $2k for the 2 boards alone that is not a bad deal for 32 channels of D1 recording @7.5FPS per channel. Anyone want to talk me out of this? Thanks for reading.

I have gone both routes... I have sold SA servers to few of mine customers and they work great! (nice looking box) and I have also bought pre-build system from iLink, which is one of the largest AVerMedia's distributor in USA and very highly recommend by them. Far as different options depends on what you are looking for. I use to build my own DVR and found that it's much easier to just buy the pre-build DVRs as they are design and build for 24x7 DVR applications. Yes, I did save few dollars when I build my own DVR, but end up spending a lot of time in building and supporting it. With the pre-built or at lease the once I buy have same image, easier to get support. Far as my recommendation is to either get one of the SA server or get the Pre-Build DVR from one the AVerMedia's distributor this way you know that built right. I am not sure what more information you are looking for, but I have sold many AVerMedia DVRs so let me know if you have any specific question.

The "works great!" part is the feedback I was looking for. We will order 2 and run them through some testing. Thanks,