mmmmmmbeer

PTZ HELP ON THE SVP-DNC10X

i just got it from shippment today and it looks kind of "big" for a "mini" ptz dome

Any way, what i was wondering is how to install the thing... i know how to physicaly install it and i do have a service monitor but i have no clue how to hook it up. it has no BNC connectors for video so i need to use cat five then conversion for that but can someone please help me on this!!! its my first ptz and im very excited on getting it operational.

Your CCTV fan

Beer

it should have come with green push on connection points that connect to tht e back of the PTZ. these connection points are detailed in the user manual. But, one is normally for power, video, and PTZ data. the other is for alarm inputs. you identify the proper connector and then identify each connection point. ie. find the power input points and identify + & -; find the video output and identify the + & - (the - should be common to the power & video) you wire a BNC cable to the video output and power input.

the last connection point is for the PTZ data. this is marked + & - also. this connects to the DVR data output.

..observe/respect all polarity markings (+ & -) as they matter.

you should have received a BNC cable with thinner wires to connect to the green connection block.

once connected, check it out. I'd connect at the DVR FIRST before you try to install it. get it working first............then install it.

10X's are nice but they are a bit tight on these green connection points. everything has to be pretty much perfect for it to fit into the base plate.

SVP-DNC10x, pretty sure that is a TBT mini branded by Surveilex.... if it is depending on the voltage (they come in 12volt DC and 24vac) The early models didnt ship with a cable combination if you go to the TBT cctv website you will find on their PTZ Accessory page the BNC cable you need either for 12 or 24 dependent on what you bought...contact your seller and ask for the cable its TB-C12 or TB-C24. I bought some of those PTZs from Rainbow last year and they didnt have the cable included in the pachages, I hunted down the origin of that cam which is TBT Korea and found the cable listed....after contacting them (Rainbow) they sent the missing cables. By the way it is a excellent camera.

from what I learned it was a factory package error,with the early shipments.....some dealers might have older inventory selling now....the later models have the bnc cable included.

the listed cable was not intended as a option but as a replacement if needed.....still all in all a very good camera have a few in service out here and have performed quite well in rough service/weather.The 24 worked better for my applications .....had some minor issues with the 12volt models I try to stay with 24 for my work.

wow thanks for the replys

why is 12 volt better then 24???? i had bought a 18 imput power supply for my 16 cameras. hope that wount be an issue. and thanks again to VST_Man- very nice detailed message.

your cctv fan

Beer

For most of my builds I stick with 24 its just a prefrence, longer runs, as well multiple cams with heater/blowers and design considerations....I have used some 12volt cams within 24 builds and the added converters have sometimes created issues requiring use of a isolated 12volt pwr. supply instead.... Cam manufacturers often show PWR specification: power supply: 12V DC. or 24vac but its key to size acceptable voltage deviation for your runs. So really its a matter of choice based on distance considerations.There are work arounds using adjustable power supplies.You should take into consideration the variable resistance (thermostat switching on and off etc) voltage drops will also change. Just pushing more voltage to satisfy the demand of built in IR, blwrs heaters etc needed at differnt intervals can cause cam failures if not sized correct. For fixed loads 12vdc, but with multiple cams using additional devices and long outdoor runs I find its easier with 24vac.

see the thing is i mass ordered everything and i bought 18 channel 12v powersupply... the maximum distance from the dvr would probably be 200ft - 250ft it does have a heater. also i looke at the controller i bought and it has rs485 connections im guessing thats just cat 5. To be honest i have no clue how to set this up... what i get from hte manual i- i hook the controller to the dvr then the 2 pc to the dvr as well not to the controller...

tell me if im wrong or better idea

thanks alot

your cctv fan

Beer

If we are talking bout the same camera (TBT) the 12volt model spec is C12V 750mA (Heater Type DC12V 1.2W),You maybe be ok at that distance but I wont push much futher, whats the total available Amps of the PSU you bought.(look at the output rated spec for each channel also) Before you hang the cam as noted by VST_Man its a good idea to bench your cam first with all your devices (DVR, control etc)

200 ft.? 12VDC won't work on the ptz..........it might work, but it will be flakey as all. bump up to 16VDC and then you should have enough at the end of 200ft. just measure the voltage at the end of 200ft. and you'll see what Ia m talking about.

VST_Man in my previous post I was trying to explain to him that using adjustable power was a work around, he "maybe" able to reach....as well I did hang a(TBT)on a install 12vdc model near 200ft (I prefer using 24vac cams ) but it worked.

aaaaa!!!! what ur telling me is that i have to buy another power supply for my PTZ's? .... i got a unified power box for 18 imputs 12v from the USA and i live in canada so i dunno what to do. its an expensive camera so i dont wana break it. i do know that it does have the 12 / 24 imput option.

what my plan was - have the central power supply by my apc power back up gen. so in case of power outage my dvr and cameras will still work for 30 min. aprox. now that i have 2 cameras that are different ?(well what your tellng me is that 12v sux) so then i have two that are not going to be appart of the supply...

your cctv van

Beer

How many cams are do you intend to run, how many PTZs (total system) and distances... and when you say that the PTZ has 12/24 option- does the PTZ cam spec included with the cam state: (dual voltage) that you can either hook up 12vdc and or 24vac? If thats the case then it is not the Branded TBT.The camera I was refering to gives you the option to ORDER either 12vdc or 24.... two differnt models based on voltage requirements. As a matter of fact the terminal blocks will be differnt as well (12vdc or 24vac) the 12 will have a imput for ground. I looked up your cam SVP-DNC10X and it sure looks like the TBT... if I am wrong and you have a dual voltage cam for the distance you are doin (200-250ft) I would use 24vac PS......I dont want to confuse you, but simply what is the voltage spec listed for your cams 12 24 or dual? and what is the PS box specs you bought model and total amps?

this is what it says on the manual:

powersupply:

-24v - AC 650mA (1.1 with heater)

-12v DC 750mA (1.3 with heater)

protocals pelco d/p

now when im picking the protocals can you please tell me which one is the better one. both are compatible regardless. and the bitrate please. the max for this one is 9600bps but is set to 2400 bps.

thanks

your cctv fan

Beer

your cam has auto detec for pelco D/P factory default to 2400bps, that is what you should use, and just a note: I do not think that camera is dual voltage, the manual is used for both models look on the box the cam came with it, a sticker should read either SD10X DN or DNW or (24vac model) SD10XDN2 or N2W

lol im kind of a dummy :P i read the whole manual and i looked closely at the 5pin for the terminal block... and crap i only have the one for the 12v the 24v has 6 pin terminal... so they are not that presise when they sell the product eh :P so basically i am stuck with 12 v

so you are saying that 12v at the end connection ( at the ptz) the voltage diminishes? ....

your cctv fan

Beer

Yes you have a 12volt camera which is what I suspected all along, now tell me the spec on your pwr box that you bought, total amps and how many cameras do you expect to power from it...what kind of cams voltage and distance .... I am trying to help you but need more info

hmmmm well i have alot of different cameras the power supply didnt come yet because it was held at suctoms for some stupid reason i have 5 ir indoor domes 3 sensor hiden cams 1 zoom dome 2 PTZ's 1 vandal proof dome it and one bullet ir 54. and one otherone im not to sure of but its coming....

i have a 16 channel dvr with 3 tb of space standalone

and a controller

but everything is 12v except for the dvr

your cctv fan

Beer

5IR domes, 3 hidden cams,1 zoom dome, 2PTZs (I assume with heaters) one bullet ir and one more on the way...your total: 13 cameras you spoke of a PTZ distance on one cam better than 200ft....Im sorry to say I think you may have problem meeting those power demands based on what limited info you have given but still can you tell me the POWER box model (branded or not) and the total AMPs of the product

hey i did what you told me about the pre set up thing and im doing just that.... i have no clue why the ptz is not working i read the instructions and i am sure i hooked it up properly and nothing....

when you apply power does it cycle thru power up? PTZ will mechanically move and reposition itself on powerup.........

Seems pretty "light" on the power feed. Especially when running a system on the lower voltage (12vdc). Always worth buying a larger power supply than what is required. It's just that most people have no clue about voltage drop, and the size of wiring needed. I just went to a customers' store, where the previous "installer" ran Cat3 telephone cable and tried to power things up. Worked initially, but when the IR kicked on at night, camera didn't have enough voltage to run.