cctv_down_under

Has anyone heard of this IP Software

As you may or may not know by reading around this forum, I am extremely picky and not easily pleased .

I do like the exacq software, and their customer service is superb. There are very few companies that I hold this highly.

I have only recently been exposed to them and I am supper impressed.

I have tried alot of different software, Milestone, Luxriot, Video-Insight, etc., but I really do like this one the best.

You can download a demo that will connect you to their demo servers by requesting it throug their site, or if u pm me I'll forward u the link.

Now, again, I'm a die-hard, I either love something, or hate something, there really is no inbetween. So I would caution you to check out all your options, look at the features, functionality, and then make your decision based on that. Their never is a one-size fits all solutions.

Best of luck!

I was trying to download it, but it is written on their website: "Windows Version. Requires Reseller password."

How you bypassed the problem?

They are one of many of our Independent software vendors and I can tell you they do a very good job. They are responsive to the customer base and work very closely with our manufacturing to make sure their software is up to date for any and all new cameras and/or encoders.

exacqVision

I am the Product Manager over here at Exacq, so if you have any questions about it, send me a PM. I can't send one to you since I just joined the forum.

If you are interested in the a Demo copy, or if you want to learn more about the Linux and Windows versions, give me a PM.

Hope to hear from you soon!

-Rob Ansell

I am new here guys so don't beat me up too bad on my evaluation of this software.

ExacqVision has been a great product so far. I ran into some issues with the new Dell Servers that I was using as my NVR systems in February. I contacted ExacqVision and talked with Rob. They got the problem resolved quickly. They sent me a revised version of the software that day and they implemented a new version release the very next day.

I am utilizing the server running both IP and Analog cameras at two of my three locations. My analog cameras are going through a security controller and being converted into an IP stream. Four of the analog cameras are being sent wirelessly. My third location that I am working on now will be strictly IP based.

One of the things I really like about the ExacqVision software is that it runs as a Service under Windows. When the system re-boots or bounces for some reason (Thank you IT Department) the NVR starts recording without logging into the server.

The multiple monitor view feature kicks butt. I have another video card on order so I can up it to four total on one desktop.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE FOLLOWING ADDED...

Their recorded video comes out as an executable (.EXE) file embedded with their viewing software. This is a nice feature and will give you full PTZ control over the video. The one downside is that you cannot e-Mail that file to another individual. Transporting the document footage becomes an issue. You can zip the file up but most e-Mail systems will run a virus scan on the zip file and think that the file is malicious and not send the attachment.

I would like to see a feature added in the next release of the software that will disable the video if it detects tampering on any one frame of the recorded video. Currently CISCO is utilizing this feature and their video is admissible in court.

The ability to push the video either live or recorded to only a select group of people where they can view the video but not record or save on their computer would be a big plus.

At my business we have a night crew at one of our locations. Letting them see when someone comes into the yard at night from their PC would be great. Limiting them to only that one particular camera and not the entire system would be better.

SUMMARY

I like the software, the company is quick to respond with any questions or concerns, and I plan on using them for my future projects. It’s great to see a company that responds to their customers in this day in age in a timely, professional, and courteous manner.

Thats all I have to say. Thanks for listening and see you guys at ISC West if you are going.

One of the things I really like about the ExacqVision software is that it runs as a Service under Windows. When the system re-boots or bounces for some reason (Thank you IT Department) the NVR starts recording without logging into the server.

I wish I could say we were the only ones that were doing this, but a majority of the higher end software manufacturers do this as well.

Their recorded video comes out as an executable (.EXE) file embedded with their viewing software. This is a nice feature and will give you full PTZ control over the video. The one downside is that you cannot e-Mail that file to another individual. Transporting the document footage becomes an issue. You can zip the file up but most e-Mail systems will run a virus scan on the zip file and think that the file is malicious and not send the attachment.

You could always change the .EXE into something that the mail server could accept, but I agree that this is a PITA. You can also export it as a native .ps file, but the player would not be included.

I would like to see a feature added in the next release of the software that will disable the video if it detects tampering on any one frame of the recorded video. Currently CISCO is utilizing this feature and their video is admissible in court.

This would be difficult to do, as it would need to be implemented at the camera level. I believe AXIS is implementing security on their end that could enable something like this, but that is in the future and not released yet. It is something we will look in to later, but it won't be in the next release, as we are in beta testing for it already.

The ability to push the video either live or recorded to only a select group of people where they can view the video but not record or save on their computer would be a big plus.

At my business we have a night crew at one of our locations. Letting them see when someone comes into the yard at night from their PC would be great. Limiting them to only that one particular camera and not the entire system would be better.

Nice suggestion. Hmmm. It would require a program to be installed on their computer though. Let me talk to the Engineers and see if it is feasible.

I like the software, the company is quick to respond with any questions or concerns, and I plan on using them for my future projects. It’s great to see a company that responds to their customers in this day in age in a timely, professional, and courteous manner.

Thats all I have to say. Thanks for listening and see you guys at ISC West if you are going.

Looking forward to seeing you too!

-Rob Ansell

Product Manager at Exacq

can anyone comment on how efficient exacqVision is ?

will it run on an average PC without bogging it down too much ?

I know that depends on what cameras, frame rates, frame sizes, how many cameras...etc.

for example I have been running Visec with 5 ip cameras, Axis 221, Axis 207w, on a basic PC (good cpu, XP, and plenty RAM) and it seems to work pretty well.

can anyone comment on how efficient exacqVision is ?

will it run on an average PC without bogging it down too much ?

I know that depends on what cameras, frame rates, frame sizes, how many cameras...etc.

for example I have been running Visec with 5 ip cameras, Axis 221, Axis 207w, on a basic PC (good cpu, XP, and plenty RAM) and it seems to work pretty well.

Well the software running as a server is hyper efficient. I am recording 24 cameras at 30 fps D1 resolution MJPEG right now on a Celeron 1.8 GHz processor (a little test box I made). CPU is about 13-24%.

Watching the cameras though takes more CPU. What frame rates, resolutions and formats you looking at doing?

Well the software running as a server is hyper efficient. I am recording 24 cameras at 30 fps D1 resolution MJPEG right now on a Celeron 1.8 GHz processor (a little test box I made). CPU is about 13-24%.

Watching the cameras though takes more CPU. What frame rates, resolutions and formats you looking at doing?

well my test case customer has 5 IP cams. All are D1 MJPEG res, and desired frame rates would be 10, with motion detection.

I have another customer with LuxRiot, has 6 IP cams, D1 MJPEG, at only 2-3 FPS. It pretty much bogs the server, but to be fair the server is nothing great. No motion detection.

I find that motion detection is usually the bottleneck....

well my test case customer has 5 IP cams. All are D1 MJPEG res, and desired frame rates would be 10, with motion detection.

I have another customer with LuxRiot, has 6 IP cams, D1 MJPEG, at only 2-3 FPS. It pretty much bogs the server, but to be fair the server is nothing great. No motion detection.

I find that motion detection is usually the bottleneck....

We do our motion detection on the Camera. We think its more efficient and accurate that way as the motion detection is done BEFORE the video gets compressed.

I am surprised LuxRiot is that inefficient. I heard some good things about them.

If you want a demo copy of our software, send me a PM and I will hook you up.

-Rob

If you want a demo copy of our software, send me a PM and I will hook you up.

-Rob

Rob,

As i haven't posted on the forum enough I can't PM, but would also appreciate a demo copy. Can you PM me instead?

Thanks

Alex

Well, here we go.

I installed the server at a client's location 3days ago, one Arecont 3130 camera, 5 analog cameras. System runs smoothly and with no problems.

The recorded video is in one word fantastic, at 20fps and D1 resolution, can't tell the difference between live and archived.

The system supports a lot of players in the IP arena, with more planned for this year.

The GUI kinda reminds me of outlook, which at first bothered me, until I started using the system that I realized how user friendly the GUI is, which means less service calls.

I have a demo 1 ip camera system currently running in a dealership, running on a very busy network, over 1000 pcs and god knows how many different subnets. The software picked up my demo arecont 3130 over all this traffic, and is right now recording anything that camera sees. The server software is running on a old dell, p4, 2.0ghz, 256 ram, on-board video.

I really like this system, but it does have it limitations, some of which I don't personally like:

The system uses TONS of Hard Drive space, according to their calculator, it will take 400gb to record one full day at D1 Resolution for a 3 Megapixel camera. I know the camera pushes all that data into the DVR, but they should see what they can do to kinda "compress" the data to save some space.

There is no Internet Browser support that I could find, if you don't have the software, then you don't see the video. Very inconvinient when 85% of people who want to see what's going on at whatever location they have a remote CCTV system installed, do not carry laptops, or are actually using someone elses PC, and since Exacq has a password on their download files in their website, the client then must carry a disc with them at all times? if not, they out-of-luck.

Viewing recorder video only limits you to one camera at a time. Plus,when viewing a megapixel camera recording on the server, it takes a while before you can get a picture in the screen.

There are a few things here and there that are both good and bad, but overall, it is an outstanding system, and their support is like no other. It is almost impossible to get someone on the phone when you call, but they DO return voicemails, the longest Ive waited was an hour, I can't complain.

I know the founders of this company have been around for a long time now, but this company is fairly new to the market, so I belive that in time any small details that need to be addressed will be done in a timely manner.

I only have one request, and that is to please implement Stardot IP cameras to this system, after seeing a night time demo, I got blown away by the quality, and it is also priced right.

I will post more as I get more details.

Viewing recorder video only limits you to one camera at a time. Plus,when viewing a megapixel camera recording on the server, it takes a while before you can get a picture in the screen.

Securitymaster when you go into search, if you select the "Views" tab (on left), you can select one of your pre-defined views (multi-camera) and start the search. The software will display all cameras defined in that view and play back showing all cameras simultaneously.

Hope this helps.

We do our motion detection on the Camera. We think its more efficient and accurate that way as the motion detection is done BEFORE the video gets compressed.

I REALLY don't like that... Every camera I have seen has horrible motion detection compared to DVRs I have used. Compressed or uncompressed the cameras right now aren't too smart and unless they get smarter you are limited.

This also makes it tough to get unsupported cams to work, MJEPG we have now although not really standardized is at least reasonably easy to connect. I can possibly swing that with exaqc but tring to get the motion data is a whole different story. I totally understand having an option to rely on motion from the cam, it works and does fine for the basics. I do think a leader in software should have some advanced tools to reduce false positives or provide greater accuracy to the IO controls. Which exacq should have covered better then most as well as I believe you have a whole line of IO controls even offering analog capture.

I REALLY don't like that... Every camera I have seen has horrible motion detection compared to DVRs I have used. Compressed or uncompressed the cameras right now aren't too smart and unless they get smarter you are limited.

This also makes it tough to get unsupported cams to work, MJEPG we have now although not really standardized is at least reasonably easy to connect. I can possibly swing that with exaqc but tring to get the motion data is a whole different story. I totally understand having an option to rely on motion from the cam, it works and does fine for the basics. I do think a leader in software should have some advanced tools to reduce false positives or provide greater accuracy to the IO controls. Which exacq should have covered better then most as well as I believe you have a whole line of IO controls even offering analog capture.

With our Analog board, we do the motion detection in the hardware. And you are right, some of the cameras have crap motion detection. We are looking in to doing our own motion detection on the server, but we are worried about the CPU cycles that would be needed for that. Right now you need a minimal cpu to do 24 cameras recording. That CPU will have to become a high end dual core or quad core for the same number of cameras.

We are also investigating other means of doing the detection through hardware other than the CPU.

I personally can't believe we (the industry) are letting these camera manufacturers off the hook. They need to improve their motion detection in the camera instead of having the user shoulder the burden by buying a more expensive CPU. Motion detection and analytics in general need to be done at the edge BEFORE the image gets altered by using compression.

If you take a look at AXIS, they are starting to do this. But others are not.

I will keep you updated on when we make the changes in our software. Thanks for the feedback!

You could always change the .EXE into something that the mail server could accept, but I agree that this is a PITA. You can also export it as a native .ps file, but the player would not be included.

Some email systems are more sophisticated than others at detecting executables.

The simplests ones are bypassed by changing file extensions.

But executable files do have a certain signature in their data content, and can still be recognised.

So next up, you can put them in compressed archives.

However, systems like Gmail can see inside most archives, and will block zipped-up executables.

The workaround I know is to use password-protected zip archives.

However, all this is still non-ideal. I would also want an option to export in a standardized AVI container, preferably without lossy transcoding.

With our Analog board, we do the motion detection in the hardware. And you are right, some of the cameras have crap motion detection. We are looking in to doing our own motion detection on the server, but we are worried about the CPU cycles that would be needed for that. Right now you need a minimal cpu to do 24 cameras recording. That CPU will have to become a high end dual core or quad core for the same number of cameras.

We are also investigating other means of doing the detection through hardware other than the CPU.

I personally can't believe we (the industry) are letting these camera manufacturers off the hook. They need to improve their motion detection in the camera instead of having the user shoulder the burden by buying a more expensive CPU. Motion detection and analytics in general need to be done at the edge BEFORE the image gets altered by using compression.

If you take a look at AXIS, they are starting to do this. But others are not.

I will keep you updated on when we make the changes in our software. Thanks for the feedback!

IQeye cameras have excellent motion detection, & cropping.

I am very impressed with the IQ75x series cameras.

ExacQ supports IQeye as well. Maybe Rob can comment on their IQeye integration.

also IQeye has image Authentication as well.