tsaba

My PC (with XP SP1 ) cant see my Avermedia eb1304md,

My PC (with XP SP1) cant see my Avermedia eb1304md, and i dont know why??? I use the USB Playback Console.

Here's what I'm doing:

- Plug in the USB cable

- DVR screen says "USB BACKUP?" I say Yes.

- DVR screen says "USB connected"

- I run the USB playback software, select Open File from DVR

- The list of hard drives is blank!!

Anybody have idea??

Thanks,

Tsaba

My PC (with XP SP1) cant see my Avermedia eb1304md, and i dont know why??? I use the USB Playback Console.

Here's what I'm doing:

- Plug in the USB cable

Anybody have idea??

Thanks,

Tsaba

Upgrade first to XP SP2!!

I don't think you can view video directly from the usb connection. usb connection provides you the ability to save to a usb drive and then view?

not sure becasue I've read it but not tried it. Has anyone viewed the 1304 via a USB cable connection?

I would like to help you trouble shoot, but I have a dumb question.

Looking at your monitor, and pressing buttons on the DVR can you access stored video in this manner?

Are you recording 24/7, or are you using motion detection?

I just wanted to see if the DVR is in fact recording before we get to the USB connection.

Thanks for enlightening me.

I have an Avermedia EB1304, pretty much the same DVR. They are great little DVRs but you cant view live or playback as far as i know through USB. You have to configure the network settings assign an internal IP to the DVR and view it via Internet Explorer or the included software.Make sure than when viewing through Internet Explorer you install the Active X component that is requested upon getting the DVR main page prompt. And yeah... RTFM!

Here's what I'm doing:

- Plug in the USB cable

Anybody have idea??

Thanks,

Tsaba

Do you see the hard drive in the hardware list if you go to control panel -> System?

I don't expect you to see the HD in windows explorer because it's not formatted as a PC drive...

This is the same set of symptoms as I had under Vista. The solution was to use the latest version fo the USB Playback Console, and to run the software by right-clicking and selecting 'run as administrator'. Not sure if you can do that under XP.

I can't see live video using the USB Playback Console, but I *can* play back the video by searching for events. Works great for me. EB1304MOB

I have had only one such problem with any of the Avermedias I have installed. I had the customer re-install the USB access software and it solved the problem. You should be able to "see" at least one of the hard drives on the HD list. My customer was using Windows 2000, so a little different, until I realized what the problem was. You should be able to "highlight" the individual hard drive, and then access the files contained.

Thanks for the replays!

My answers:

--------------------------------------------------------------

scorpion:

-I cant access stored video, because the usb playback console DVR recorded file window is totally empty!

-My avermedia is recording 24/7

-------------------------------------------------------------

scruit:

-no, i cant see the avermedia, or else unknown hardware in the control panel

-------------------------------------------------------------

Anybody know what is the solution?

Thank you very much!

Make sure you stop the recording first, just to allow the system to "idle". I went in my office and checked on my 1304 and 1504 (different consoles) just to be sure. I have only one HD in the 1304, but 2 in the 1504. I am running Windows XP MCE on new laptop, and Windows XP Pro on office PC, neither had a problem. Did you try to Uninstall and Reinstall the console software ? Maybe try that first.

There are 2 styles of USB I believe. Isn't one called "USB-A" and one is called "USB-B" ? I use the same cable from my Canon printer. I might have the nomenclature wrong (A and B), but I know it is a USB cable, just each end looks different. I don't have the "odd" end on my laptop or PC, but on the Avermedia and at least one of my printer, the Canon I believe.

Pretty easy to tell if you are recording or not. Just stop the recording with the remote control. Follow directions, and try to playback recorded video. Should be pretty easy. Are you recording ? Be sure you can view recorded video from the 1304 first. Then try to access the hard drive.