tonnymathieu

Avoid asking for password and username by Avermedia 1304NET

I would like to avoid having to type each time my username and password when I want to view my Avermedia 1304NET online. (local LAN not connected to WAN)

I've been thinking about a number of possible solutions:

1° The javascript calling the WebCamX application uses a number of parameters (ip-address, port, ...) Maybe one solution would be to include the username and the password as parameters in the javascript.

But does anybody know what would be the param-names to be used?

2° Another solution could be to use a viewer in which the username and password can be entered as fixed properties, so that the viewer can submit the data 'automatically' to the DVR. Does anybody know about such a viewer that would be available on the web?

3° Another solution would be to develop a viewer by myself in Visual Basic or so. Does anybody now the protocol used by the Avermedia 1304NET?

4° Some DVR do not ask for username/password in case the request comes from an internal IP-address. Would this setting be possible in the Avermedia 1304NET?

5° After some searching on Google, I found also JAVA applications that get JPG files from an ftp-server, would this be possible with the Avermedia 1304NET?

6° Any other solution?

Thanks in advance for anybody that could help me!!!

Not sure you will find a product that will work that way as most DVR's are installed for security reasons and codes and passwords are the standard.

As stated it only takes a short time to enter user and password.

you should just get a fingerprint scanner then. it fills in all passwords on any site i go to simply with a press of my finger. i can't imagine being any lazier than that