bruno

Another Camera Question???

Sorry for all the questions folks, hopefully I'll be able to contribute at some point.

I would like to place a camera viewing an automatic entry gate on a driveway. It does not necessarily have to read license plates, but I do want a very good image of the cars coming and going.

The camera will be mounted approx 35' above ground looking down at an angle and almost straight on at the cars entering about 65' away when they are stopped at the gate. The diagonal distance from the camera to the car is approx 75'. The range I would like to have a decent picture is between 50' and 100', the 75' distance being the most important. Since the camera is viewing straight on, the view does not have to be a wide angle, maybe only 20-25' @ the 75' distance. I would like a color day/night weatherproof camera but I don't want it to have IR illuminators on the camera (I want the camera unnoticeable, and I know it would take a powerful IR to reach that far.

The automatic entry gate is capable of putting out ac and dc when and while the gate is activated. Could I not place an IR light closer to the gate separately, that would more easily illuminate the cars when and only for the time the gate is opened and closed? If I can, then I would obviously want this camera to be able to see IR. If I went with this approach, the IR illuminator would be off to the front side of the vehicles, as close as 10 feet away, and as far as 35 feet away as the car enters and exits.

I have used the Speco CVC7706 DNV in another location, and I like it's performance, but as I said, I don't want the IRs on this camera. Looking for some options on the best cameras, IR illuminators, and set-up for this situation (high quality yet moderately priced like the Speco I mentioned above).

Any suggestions?

As always, thanks to everyone for their help!

Bruno