I have browsed through every thread in this forum, and still have some question. A friend of mine took over ownership of a business and was left with 4 cameras an no DVR. I am leaning toward getting the GV-250 or AverDigi NV3000 and building a system around whatever we choose, as he does not want to spend to much. I know everyone states that the stuff on eBay is usually bogus but I see a both of them on ebay. Is there anyway to find out if they are fake or real. I asked the seller of the GV-250 what version of software is bundled with it, I am figuring if it come with 6.5 then it would probably be a fake. I know posting links to eBay is against the rules but unsure if posting the auction number is against the rules but it is 110230195327. Also the AverDigi NV3000 from a local vendor selling on ebay Brooklyn Electronic. Has anyone dealt with them in the past. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hate to say it but you get what you pay for, Everyone wants a great system but doen't want to pay the price but when you can't see the person on camera or you cant make out something people get mad. Go to a reputable distributor and get a real card and stop being cheap about it. You want the ferrari power on a hyundai price.

It looks legit, with a proper box, and cd etc, and it runs version 8.11 so probably is legit.

Although, as it is bought on a auction site, you may not be able to get support for it from geo.

Agreed both companies have said no support for items sold on eBay. So you know any mfg support is toast and you save what $15.

I have both products in open box but i don't sell anything on ebay.