blowrabbit

1 tb in a ge prosafe

Yes... and it works.. Just make sure you have the latest firmware that you can download from GE website...

We had it working with two 750GB PATA drives and reaching to 1.5TB internal storage and no problems reported...

I was told by ge support that a drive with more than 8 mb of cache wouldn't work. But I think it had 16mb of cache. I say I think as the seagate website gave conflcting data on the specific drive.

Yes... and it works.. Just make sure you have the latest firmware that you can download from GE website...

We had it working with two 750GB PATA drives and reaching to 1.5TB internal storage and no problems reported...

do you have the serial or model number of the seagate drives and were they 16 or 8 mb cache?

We are using the Surveillance Grade drives and there are only two models avail from Seagate... one for 500GB and another one is for 750GB and as long as they are PATA drives they work perfectly. Sorry I do not have the part numbers with me at the moment..

We were told many things by Ge about this DVR that will not work, will not perform, etc.. but using these type of drives, it has been a blessing, as we easily can convert these type of boxes to 1TB or 1.5TB and they work just fine.