fas

How are you injecting the CCTV feed for all household tv's?

In the old days of analog video I used to block out a group of channels and inject the cctv feed onto them and you where able to view the cctv feed from any tv in the house. Now that we are in the age of digital, how are you accomplishing this task? Can it still be done via the same single cable feeding the tv's with cable programming, or is a separate cable feed necessary just for the cctv feed? Thanks.

In residential installations, I normally use a video distribution amplifier to all the TV's that the customer wants. TV's must have a secondary RCA jack input ( AV1, AV2, AV3). Will run cable from this amplifier to all TV's necessary. Customer just uses remote and switches TV to alternate AV input. Have same setup in my own home.

modulators work but with HD receivers on the market the modulator creates a new problem. how to modulate a HD singal?

I really don't like or use the current modulators because they are Standard Def. They work but they don't do what I'd like.

I'd like to insert channel(s) onto a sat receiver signal at the head end and then view it on my sat receiver channel(s). Since most sat receiver signals have voltage on them the probelm is harder.

yes, a decent modulator can take a sat signal, AV signal, and send it down a coaxial SD line. viewing it via TV input works. I just think that this is so old school.............digital is here.

In residential installations, I normally use a video distribution amplifier to all the TV's that the customer wants. TV's must have a secondary RCA jack input ( AV1, AV2, AV3). Will run cable from this amplifier to all TV's necessary. Customer just uses remote and switches TV to alternate AV input. Have same setup in my own home.

I've done the same and also they have just modulators that you can run to any single television but for multiple tv applications the amplifiers work nicely.

You can pick those up rather cheaply also!