a-casanova

Nuvico NUVICO CB-SD3895N-L Opinions.

Hello everyone, i recently purchased 2 of these cameras NUVICO CB-SD3895N-L

[edit by mod-store link removed]

Guys i would really appreciate your opinions on this cameras. I set them up today on 40 VA surge protected AC transformers. I noticed the color image is a bit dark and noisy. The camera has a Onscreen menu and it appears i have to regulate the backlight compensation and the AGC to low . These cameras are for outdoor use looking down on a yard. Does anyone know what the optimal settings for these cameras are?

It's not worth the money especially if its going outside. I've had major problems with the glass fogging up after sunset. It takes a good 2 hours until the LEDs burnoff the moisture.

You could do a silica packet inside, but as far as Im concerned this is not an outdoor camera. About the only feature that stands out is the IR range. Go for the Nuvico dome (CV/SD w/ IR option). Those work well.

It's not worth the money especially if its going outside. I've had major problems with the glass fogging up after sunset. It takes a good 2 hours until the LEDs burnoff the moisture.

You could do a silica packet inside, but as far as Im concerned this is not an outdoor camera. About the only feature that stands out is the IR range. Go for the Nuvico dome (CV/SD w/ IR option). Those work well.

Thanks for the heads up dubwiser but i already purchased the cameras, got them for 229 elsewhere. I opened the camera and noticed the silica packs inside, so i might be ok. Cameras will go under an overhang so only blowing rain will get to them. Picture quality is good just a bit noisy, im thinking is the AGC, or DSS.

I have them outdoors, they work fine. Dont like all the settings they come with though, never liked the DSS and OSD rubbish personally.

Anyway, yes will be find, water sealed, actually more weather resistant than a dome, if only due to the dome's base being exposed (short of caulking it all up).

I have them outdoors, they work fine. Dont like all the settings they come with though, never liked the DSS and OSD rubbish personally.

Anyway, yes will be find, water sealed, actually more weather resistant than a dome, if only due to the dome's base being exposed (short of caulking it all up).

Hey Rory what are the settings you have on your Nuvicos, is the DSS creating the noise im sure you have witnessed?

I dont have any noise, but its not pitch dark where it is located. Have one still in the garage to test though. The one out in the field, I disabled DSS and the other features, all I want is a True Day Night Camera with IR, those other features are a waste of time to me.

You will need to adjust the IRIS though, mine came way too bright. I hate where they placed the focus adjustment also.

BTW, I just now got my hands on 2 of the CNB Day Night Bullets, will see how they work, and compare to this Nuvico (wont be tonight though I dont think as I have to go out on a job). The camera model is the CNB-B2310NVF. So far they look really nice, easily attachable/detachable sun shield and mount.

Rory

i have used those on a few jobs like them, but am having a problem with moisture in one of them...

Ive seen that at some time or another in most bullet cameras.

If it happens, need to let it dry out completely, then reseal properly, and some times requires caulk/sealer around the camera cable entry point.

Have used this camera many times, and have had no problem with it, usually turn the DSS off, and with using it outside would turn off the backlight, AGC apply as you like, just make sure you have the barrel tight after you make any adjustments, and insert a fresh dessicant pack. Usually a pretty tight camera, compared to others I have used in the past.

Thanks for the info everyone, i haven't had time to find the ideal settings for this camera. I don't know whether to disable DNR and DSS, i need optimal picture quality. I guess ill troubleshoot when i have the time.

BTW, I just now got my hands on 2 of the CNB Day Night Bullets, will see how they work, and compare to this Nuvico (wont be tonight though I dont think as I have to go out on a job). The camera model is the CNB-B2310NVF. So far they look really nice, easily attachable/detachable sun shield and mount.

Rory

Hey Rory had you had a chance to compare the CNB with the Nuvicos? Sorry to hear about your KPC-S230CHWWX lipstick cam, i never did like their 6 month warranty Don't throw it away, use it as a Car cam or R&D.

Did you ever figure out the optimal settings

No one has bothered to email me with this information. I need specifics from someone that has this camera as far as what settings are optimal for outdoor use. At least i can say that i have not had any leaks or failures with these cams.

The optimal settings are going to depend on the site, there is no one setting fits all for the cameras, just use what you need on them but I always turn off the DSS, and adjust the AGC for best pic.

I have two of the 3895s. They work great for me right out of the box with no alteration of the factory settings. I even took the silica out of one to see if it would fog. No fog detected in months of use. I did assure that the area where the wire enters was sealed properly, and made sure that the body was screwed on tight after focusing.

My two cameras are still fine. They are running 24/7 outside. They have experienced temp. variations from 12 degrees to over 100 degrees, rain and snow without any issues.

I even took the silica out of one to see if it would fog.

That's a pretty bad idea. As soon as those rubber o-rings develop ozone cracking, kiss it goodbye.

As for the camera itself, yep, awesome camera considering the price. Honestly though, their domes with digital slow shutter, standard with their SIE chipset, kick major ass... way better than the bullet, but hey, NUVICO... 3 year warranty, baby!