jisaac

Laser Illuminators

they are great, tho super expensive

z

a laserpen kills you ccd instant

Yep, I ran into some parent who brought kids last year to the ISC East show at our booth we were talking to the parent and the kid was playing with a laser pointer and I had asked the parent to make sure the kid didn't point it at the cameras... Needless to say... *sigh* 3 cameras later and the kid getting a buttwhooping caught on the last working camera he stopped doing it.

I kept using him getting his butt spanked as my playback demo.

"If you notice right here he dropped the laser pointer" then the other customers just laughing.

Hey! I was amused!

weres the video would love to see that

I never pulled it off of the dvr... I wish I would have now that I think back to the moment last year.

I can post up a video of one of the guys in our office busting his butt while he was being lazy.

I'll never say who it was tho... (aka it was me)

http://www.mediafire.com/?kx0nn0mprns

Thanks,

John

ya i will be designing some of these into some of our new systems. I am interested to see these in action.

weres the video would love to see that

I never pulled it off of the dvr... I wish I would have now that I think back to the moment last year.

I can post up a video of one of the guys in our office busting his butt while he was being lazy.

I'll never say who it was tho... (aka it was me)

http://www.mediafire.com/?kx0nn0mprns

Thanks,

John

HAHAHHAHA!!!!

Damm.

HAHAHHAHA!!!!

Damm.

Have a couple other random ones (one of which two girls in the office fighting) and even a couple of the guys shooting basketball in our warehouse. But I have to say out of most of the funny ones me falling down definitely ranked up there pretty high.

=)

Back on topic!..

Let us know how the Lasers work for you please

ROFLMAO am glad I looked at that video when I got home, have not had that happen at least not on camera and not at work

I was doing some research for the release of our new laser products and guess where it brought me……… this site is pulling up on the majority of my cctv searches. That’s good.

I’ll post some video of our laser camera soon. We are still amazed by the quality in zero lux.

Are ya'll telling "Joe Public" that all he has to do to completely disable a security system is to use a laser pointer?

Are ya'll telling "Joe Public" that all he has to do to completely disable a security system is to use a laser pointer?

Yes, pleas take a look in my ebay store.

You will find a laser pointer that kills camera's from a large distance. you will need a stable hand to pin point direct in the lens.

A normal red laser will harm the ccd, but a high output laser will almost kill it direct.

Can be a expensive joke

Specially wen you are a installer and you have to replace 10 new camera's.

a special lens is not enviable , and must be hand mate.

Lasers can also kill photo camera ccd's, lot of club/disco party photograph have a problem whit expensive replacements of there ccd, be corse a laser from a laser show hits the ccd.

(ps. i sell lasers, not to kill ccd's but for small laser shows)

I saw a video somewhere on the net that showed a green pen laser with a gun scope mounted to it. They used it to take out cameras from hundreds of yards away.

If I find it ill post that link.

I saw a video somewhere on the net that showed a green pen laser with a gun scope mounted to it. They used it to take out cameras from hundreds of yards away.

If I find it ill post that link.

Hmmm, i have a laser driven green laser here... it will not be so smart, it can burn also your eyes.

Can you give me the link.

You will find a laser pointer that kills camera's from a large distance. you will need a stable hand to pin point direct in the lens.

A normal red laser will harm the ccd, but a high output laser will almost kill it direct.

Can be a expensive joke

Lasers can also kill photo camera ccd's, lot of club/disco party photograph have a problem whit expensive replacements of there ccd, be corse a laser from a laser show hits the ccd.

(ps. i sell lasers, not to kill Cd's but for small laser shows)

Please be advised that Jamming cell phones is a federal offense in the United States.

Can be a expensive joke

(ps. i sell lasers, not to kill Cd's but for small laser shows)

Please be advised that Jamming cell phones is a federal offense in the United States.

Yes and i ship Free to the US and UK

ya know i have sat there with a laser pointer and purposely pointed right into ccd cameras to see if it would fry it and it did absolutly nothing.

ya know i have sat there with a laser pointer and purposely pointed right into ccd cameras to see if it would fry it and it did absolutly nothing.

I would assume any camera with an Auto-iris lens would make that almost impossible.

This forum discusses laser damage to CCDs. Seems like a standard laser pointer would have a hard time taking out a camera.

Very interesting discussion: photo (dot) net/digital-camera-shopping-forum/00AJkN

Yes, I have experience with most types of IR illuminators from LED arrays, Halogen, and many others. My wavelength of choice is between 920-940 nm. One of the devices I tested has an effective range of 600 yards using an Arecont 1300M DN for the camera. I have also had success with composite cameras at ~540 TVL using the Sony 1/2" ExView sensor all the way to 1200 nm. The apparent low QE of Megapixel cameras above 800nm can be overcome by increasing the energy level of the reflected light. The "illuminated" target area at 600 yards is approximately 30 feet wide by 15-20 feet high. I had to cut the iris >80% close to keep the image in decent contrast. IT WAS BRIGHT to the camera and lens optics. The laser "canon" power supply was drawing 15 amps at 110 VAC. But I also had a regulated and filtered DC input tot e device. I didn't measure the current. I was too amazed at the powerful search light effect. I restate this wasn't one of those funky 808 nm lasers! This was a 940 nm (not visible) and properly diffused beam beyond about ten feet from the face plate. The beam was so wide at the front surface of the illluminator that it was not high enough energy to start paper burning.

I want to see long range covertly, not blind myself or start problems that can not be controlled. The device is legal in the USA to se. No PMA from the FDA BRH is required for experimental private use for this application. It is defined by three different sections of FDA regulations.

It was lots of fun. I know that with a different testing range, I can shoot and detect the refelcted liught at about one mile. The REFLECTED light was very bright to the camera sensors at 600 yards. My composite camera has been tested and easily detects reflected IR through 1200 nm and the iris is still partially closed ! The CW laser duty cycle was 100%. No smoking housig and it (housing) was cool enough to touch with bare fingers.