w14a

Resolution problem. Any comments?

Hi,

Slight problem occurred with new DVR system so maybe you guys have something to suggest for me.

The PC based DVR installation consists of Howell (www cctvhowell com) 2x 8ch HW cards with the max specification as 640*480@25fps per channel recording.

Problem: the system recordings are less than stated: 352x288 (or 320 x 240, when software was desperatively installed as for NTSC) and does not matter what are settings set by software (resolution, Mpeg4/h.264, fps). The fps I can change, compression too, it is recognizable. But resolution sits same 352x288.

Tech support still has no answer for more than 2 months.

What do you think which segment works incorrect? PC bus? Driver? DVR software? Cards? What would you suggest to test? Any ideas?

Thank you for your support.

Regards

Hi,

Slight problem occurred with new DVR system so maybe you guys have something to suggest for me.

The PC based DVR installation consists of Howell (www cctvhowell com) 2x 8ch HW cards with the max specification as 640*480@25fps per channel recording.

Problem: the system recordings are less than stated: 352x288 (or 320 x 240, when software was desperatively installed as for NTSC) and does not matter what are settings set by software (resolution, Mpeg4/h.264, fps). The fps I can change, compression too, it is recognizable. But resolution sits same 352x288.

Tech support still has no answer for more than 2 months.

What do you think which segment works incorrect? PC bus? Driver? DVR software? Cards? What would you suggest to test? Any ideas?

Thank you for your support.

Regards

DVR software, check version and get a later version, also try the software you have on a different spec machine

[

DVR software, check version and get a later version, also try the software you have on a different spec machine

Thanks for suggestions. Latest software ran CPU at 100%, resolution - same CIF. I have asked manufacturer to send me some recordings as a reference. I have got same CIF recording files instead of 640*480:))

But the question is still open, because they still believe the cards can do more than CIF...

I have bought from that Howell company a few hardware cards 2 years ago and they do only CIF resolution.The software was terrific, also the video quality.I still own a hardware card with Philips chips (1701 i think) which i still cannot use at all, no matter what software i have tried (from them).I recommend to everybody to stay away from that company.They don`t know how to do a good product for sure.