Guest alopu

big system

looking for solution based on standalones allowing manage over 500 remote DVRs - any help?

looking for solution based on standalones allowing manage over 500 remote DVRs - any help?

Can you elaborate little more on this please?

1. How many channels per DVR do you need. 4, 8, 9 or 16?

2. Internal storage capacity?

3. With or without CD or DVD burner?

Let us know.

1. Different- 4, 8-9 and 16 ch DVRs

2. Not important - small - all recordings backup to central database

3. Not important - could be without burner

Any preference on the brand and the warranty? Or, is the driving force the price?

Does it have to be all from the same manufacturer? Any realistic price points that we should be aware? Any system resolution specs that you can share - i.e. 60FPS thru 480FPs dependent on the box?

not first brand (not most espensive), 2-4 fps per camera in 2CIF, central managing software - CMS - so rather the same manufacturer - just please give us any example of such a system

Well... we do have such a system.

http://www.lakson.com.sg/brochure/DVRDVS.pdf

Basically it comes with CMS to manage unlimited number of DVR/Cameras. Currently it can only display up to 25 cameras per time, but plans underway to increase that to 64 cameras.

You can group the DVRs into various sub/subsub groupping based on countries, area, etc.

Support 1 Harddisk for 4 Channels, and 4 HD for the 8/16 Chs version.

Recording's in H.264, smooth streaming over broadband (256kbps upstream) can be achieve by adjusting the bitrate. Dual stream for each channels, so that 1 higher bitrate stream can be use for recording/network streaming, and the other lower bitrate stream can be used for network streaming to achieve smooth streaming.

Support for recording to NAS also underway.

And it's not expensive.

not first brand (not most espensive), 2-4 fps per camera in 2CIF, central managing software - CMS - so rather the same manufacturer - just please give us any example of such a system

I have options from CBC, Mitsubishi, American Dynamics and few others... Please PM your requirements and see what we can do.

Hi, u guys can make sure that you have such a CMS system which can manage up to 500 stand-alone DVR?

Yes. But at any 1 time, you can only connect and display up to 25 cameras per PC. The 64 Cameras version is in the work.

Unless what you are asking for is to display up to 2000 (500 x 4) cameras at a single time, then no. the system cannot display that. You'll need multiple pc to do that.

Yes. But at any 1 time, you can only connect and display up to 25 cameras per PC. The 64 Cameras version is in the work.

Unless what you are asking for is to display up to 2000 (500 x 4) cameras at a single time, then no. the system cannot display that. You'll need multiple pc to do that.

Hello, Daryl, thanks for reply. surely i'm not asking how many chs can be displayed, and i certainly know displaying 2000 cams in one PC is impossible although i'm very lacking in the professional knowledge. Anyway, currently, displaying 64 cams is possible for many systems. As for your CMS system, I'm wondering how many stand-alones can be added, not the channels. It's great that you can do over 500 DVRs. Really appreciate:P

How many systems you can have put together in a Network, Betty?

JD

Hello, Daryl, thanks for reply. surely i'm not asking how many chs can be displayed, and i certainly know displaying 2000 cams in one PC is impossible although i'm very lacking in the professional knowledge. Anyway, currently, displaying 64 cams is possible for many systems. As for your CMS system, I'm wondering how many stand-alones can be added, not the channels. It's great that you can do over 500 DVRs. Really appreciate:P

This is the thread I've been trying to get going. Im looking at stand alones with a CMS that will string 70+ DVR's in one instance of the program.

Im not going cheap and the list of viable units is getting smaller. The one im considering has a 64 ch. CMS and can connect (they claim) 100 sites simultaneously. In theory this gives me 1 camera view from 64 remote sites simultaneously granted I have the bandwidth on both ends and a robust enough PC running the CMS.

Centralizing recording is quite an obstacle I'd assume unless you are running an IP solution. If you have the budget, anything is possible. The ability to do that on 500 hundred sites is mind blowing.

Ill be sure and watch this thread. My last post on this subject was severely highjacked and I still would like everyones take on multi-site monitoring.

Alopu, feel free to PM if you want to trade ideas. Im using some very reliable DVR's if you're intereted in some feedback...........Im not a dealer.

Hi! I know a system that can handle up to 3825 DVR's (PC based, embedded/standalone + IP camera + DVS units) into one managment platform. This system is widely used by telecom, bank and goverment for large scale system spreading over a wide geographic as well as a wide technical solutions like CCTV, Access Control, Time Managment, Building Control and more. I do not sell this but if you like info, you can PM me and I can give you contact info!

JD

This is the thread I've been trying to get going. Im looking at stand alones with a CMS that will string 70+ DVR's in one instance of the program.

Im not going cheap and the list of viable units is getting smaller. The one im considering has a 64 ch. CMS and can connect (they claim) 100 sites simultaneously. In theory this gives me 1 camera view from 64 remote sites simultaneously granted I have the bandwidth on both ends and a robust enough PC running the CMS.

Centralizing recording is quite an obstacle I'd assume unless you are running an IP solution. If you have the budget, anything is possible. The ability to do that on 500 hundred sites is mind blowing.

Ill be sure and watch this thread. My last post on this subject was severely highjacked and I still would like everyones take on multi-site monitoring.

Alopu, feel free to PM if you want to trade ideas. Im using some very reliable DVR's if you're intereted in some feedback...........Im not a dealer.