user1

Illuminator help

A client has an Axis 207 IP camera in a guard tower. The owner uses it to check in the guard and would now like night viewing.

I purchased a square illuminator and tested it in a dark office (10x30). I placed it directly behind the camera and it did the job well.

However, I had an installer put it in the tower and it isn't helping. He had to splice the cable to extend power, but this is done often. He could not verify as it doesn't come on until dark, and he couldn't find a way to test.

The office is about 15x15 and is entirely surrounded with glass. It is very dark. Could that be the issue somehow? I'm not real familiar with trying to illuminate a small office, or if windows could have any effect. I am trying to find product name.

hang on.the axis207 is not a IR happy camera unless you change the lense. Yes, it will pick up a IR luminator, but, it won't do IR very good period.

I tried it and know it.

Are you talking about this camera:

http://www.axis.com/products/cam_207/index.htm

If so, I dont see it being Day/Night mentioned anywhere, infact it says it has a CMOS chip and 1-10000 lux, F2.0. Even without an IR Cutfilter, it doesnt look like a great candidate for an Infrared app.

As for the Matrix IR, looks okay from the specs, 880nm and 15VDC, just make sure it is getting the correct voltage and amps.

Yes, the Axis 207. I agree it's a poor solution, but since it was already there I didn't want to request something new. Also the fact that it worked well (good enough) in the office.

I'm going to have him pull it down and test again....maybe he screwed up power.

Thanks

AS they guys said you could change the lens to an IR happy one [teflon tape will hold it in] but.....

Your "Matrix IR-Tile" will work with IR day-night cams and a "little bit" with non -im afraid it's really junk, put them both on Ebay and put the money towards something better

eg> something like an acti ACM-1431 IR IP bulletcam ,AXIS if you have the $$$ but built in IR would be good for you.

For a guard tower you should have something that fits its importance.

-no not ice cream ....

my 2c