eyeonutech

Real Time at D1 Resolution

Hi!

What bandwith are we talking about here and spec on PC?

D1@25FPS(30FPS)@16 channels!

JD

Most if it not all IP camera NVR software can do this.

Axis

Video insight

Aimetis

All can

I used the Axis Design Tool for the calulations. Remember I said the software/cameras can do it but I never said it would be cheap .

Viewing:

30fps @ 704*480 (mjpeg) compression @ 10

bandwidth for 1 camera 11.9 Mbit/s

bandwidth for 16 cameras 191.3 Mbit/s

Recording:

Same specs

storage requirements (1 day) 1.9TB

storage requirements (7 days) 13.7TB

I would not setup a system like this because of the storage requirements.

I think a better setup would be using motion detection. Because if I use the same setting and change the recording to 24hr @ 1FPS and ramp up to 30fps on motion (30% of the time) you will cut your storage requirements to 654.6 GB per day and 4.4TB per week.

Specs for PC: I wouldn't go with anything less then a quad core Xeon setup with min 1GB of ram.

This is for the Axis Camera Station so keep in mind all NVR software is different.

Edited by Guest

That is based on recordings using MJPEG compression. Results would be much better with a streaming codec like MPEG4 or h.264.

Hi!

What bandwith are we talking about here and spec on PC?

D1@25FPS(30FPS)@16 channels!

JD

16 PCs with AMCAP and 1 channel each (no compression, 800MB per 30 second video )

Corrected

Actually, there are many systems that can record 16 channels at D1 at 30fps. Ours can (Honeywell Enterprise, but that is overkill at $2,000/channel).

Pretty much any Enterprise-level system can do it, but they are expensive as well:

* Dallmeier

* Geutebrück

* Cisco/Sypixx

* Bosch

* Pelco Endura

* AD Intellex

* IndigoVision

etc.

Many standalones can do it:

* Pelco DVR5100 Series

* ICRealtime DVRPRO16

Some PC-based systems can do it:

* GeoVision GV2008

IP Systems:

Many open architecture software manufacturers, including DVTel, Genetec, Milestone Systems, 3VR, Bosch, etc. using encoders manufactured by:

* Bosch

* Verint

* Vivotek

* ACTi

* Pelco

or many high-quality IP cameras without the encoder.

Do a web search for "16 channel DVR 480fps D1"

Edited by Guest

Look at the recorded quality from these recorders at D1 @ 30fps and you will realize its just a myth .. they compress the living heck out of the video to get that feature ..

Look at the recorded quality from these recorders at D1 @ 30fps and you will realize its just a myth .. they compress the living heck out of the video to get that feature ..

You obviously haven't seen any of the enterprise DVR's. We are running hundreds of channels at D1 and getting very high quality video at 4Mb/s. That's at 32 channels per server, and we could do as many as 96. We have also evaluated other brands that are as good or better, including Dallmeier, Geutebrück, Cisco Sypixx and others; some using a much lower bitrate.

Edited by Guest

Yep, seen them all

D1, what exactly is it anyway .. 720x480 .. digitized.

Nothing compared to the real thing coming from the camera.

Its all a flam man, DVR manufacturers been suckering us and are still doing it.

Yep, seen them all

And you don't see the fallacy in your statement? I defy you to see any real faults in our pictures. They are nearly as good as live, with very little compression losses.

D1, what exactly is it anyway .. 720x480 .. digitized.

Nothing compared to the real thing coming from the camera.

Its all a flam man, DVR manufacturers been suckering us and are still doing it.

D1 is 720x480. A good analog camera is 768x494. Not very different. So what exactly do you recommend recording with that is better?

Perhaps .. one day .. when Im ready for another 12 hour flight ..

BTW, the Geo GV-1480 only does CIF at 480fps. The GV2008 apparently can do D1 at 480ps. But so can many horrid linux DVRs.

The problem is not with whether they can do it or claim they do it, its the actual quality it produces that is in question.

just post a recorded video clip, not so enviromental friendly if the hole forum is going to travel to SC to just look at some videoclips.

JD

Lets see the proof

Next time you are going to be in SoCal, let me know; I'll show you our system.

just post a recorded video clip, not so enviromental friendly if the hole forum is going to travel to SC to just look at some videoclips.

Sorry, that's not going to happen. It is a violation of our policies and procedures to release video clips or still pictures, except to law enforcement. I'm not going to get fired to prove a point .

Anyone know how the picture quality is on the Geovision GV-2008 at D1? How about Geovision GV-2008 vs ICRealtime DVRPRO16 at D1?

Thanks again,

Minh

Corrected

Actually, there are many systems that can record 16 channels at D1 at 30fps. Ours can (Honeywell Enterprise, but that is overkill at $2,000/channel).

Pretty much any Enterprise-level system can do it, but they are expensive as well:

* Dallmeier

* Geutebrück

* Cisco/Sypixx

* Bosch

* Pelco Endura

* AD Intellex

* IndigoVision

etc.

* Pelco DVR5100 Series

* ICRealtime DVRPRO16

* GeoVision GV2008

IP Systems:

Many open architecture software manufacturers, including DVTel, Genetec, Milestone Systems, 3VR, Bosch, etc. using encoders manufactured by:

* Bosch

* Verint

* Vivotek

* ACTi

* Pelco

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=9891&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

This is only a screenshot of the DSP Ovelay, I lost a harddrive in the floor and I think maybe my test clips from GV-2008 was on that one.

JD

Anyone know how the picture quality is on the Geovision GV-2008 at D1? How about Geovision GV-2008 vs ICRealtime DVRPRO16 at D1?

Thanks again,

Minh

Corrected

* Dallmeier

* Geutebrück

* Cisco/Sypixx

* Bosch

* Pelco Endura

* AD Intellex

* IndigoVision

etc.

* Pelco DVR5100 Series

* ICRealtime DVRPRO16

* GeoVision GV2008

IP Systems:

* Bosch

* Verint

* Vivotek

* ACTi

* Pelco

Hi,

I have a client who currently has 3x 16ch Tibet Magic Radar DVRs and one Geovision GV2008 8ch DVR. They want to upgrade this system to something that records full frames (30fps) at D1 res. They want 64 channels on a common platform. So far i've thought of putting in 3x Geovision DVRs each with 2xGV2008 cards and putting in another GV2008 card into the existing DVR. This is for a large supermarket, they dont have any PTZ but may get 3-4 ptz and want capacity for upto 6 ip/megapixel channels in the future.

Is this a good option?

What specs would you recommend on each of the dvrs having 2xgv2008.

And lastly what is the difference in having something like a Geovision GV2008 DVR (which i think is pretty high-end) and one of those really expensive DVRs like Dallmier or Dedicated Micros. These seem to have lowers res/fps and higher prices.

This is one of the best I have ever used:

16 Channel Real Time @ D1

and can handle IP Cameras w/ 9Mega Pixel Resolution

Built in analytics i.e missing objects, people & vehicle counting and perimeter settings.

The Innotech EXDV16HYD

www.innotechsecurity.com

Best of all is the pricing: $2,800

This is one of the best I have ever used:

16 Channel Real Time @ D1

and can handle IP Cameras w/ 9Mega Pixel Resolution

Built in analytics i.e missing objects, people & vehicle counting and perimeter settings.

The Innotech EXDV16HYD

www.innotechsecurity.com

Best of all is the pricing: $2,800

Their Hybrid is NUUO

Hi,

I cant find any information or reseller for this on google and it doesnt seem to be available in NZ. What about Geovision? Is there anything better than geovision.