kao

Is anyone using Geovision with IP cameras?

Looking for feedback on the new Geo NVR software. Anyone using it with the Geo IP cam or with 3rd party cameras like Axis?

Or is anyone using 8.2 with the Geo IP cam?

I really like Geo for their features and support...but I have customers that want megapixel capabilities and Geo doesnt seem to be providing much in the way of demos or reliability. The Geo IP cam posted elsewhere in the forum seems to be not working so well.

So...anyone tried the nvr or 8.2 with IP yet? Particularly MP recording and playback.

I have 8.2 here now on a DVR, if someone has a compatible IP camera online I could test it out and try to capture the screen (or use my digital camera).

I'm running 8.2 with Axis megapixel. Looks good so far.

Image from the 207MW is as good as any other IP NVR software.

Havn't got the IO working yet though.

Had an issue with wireless 207MW today. Seems that Geo starts recording 30 sec clips after a lost connection to the cam.

Will check if this is the case with wireless only tomorrow, but it sure smells like a bug.

Just an update on the 30 sec clip problem I saw:

Found something on the 30 sec clip problem. I was running the 207MW wireless and the reception was not good enough.

Once an hour the connection to the camera was lost and when the connection was recovered, the 30 sec clips started to record. I stopped and started recording and no more 30 sec clips. When the connection was lost it started again.

I then tried the camera wired ond the problem was gone.

Guess that reception on Wlan is critical with Geo

Hi! The max resolution is already there, you need to use MJPEG and disable PIP. You can then right click and choose resolution and you will be given the res onscreen.!

JD

Geovision IP CAM 1,3

http://norge.dipmap.com:8282

U = guest

P = guest

Slow connection so......whatever!

IP Module

http://norge.dipmap.com:1280

U = demo

P = demo

Same adsl s**t

JD

---------------------------------------------------------

Can u please set for full resolution of 1.3 megapix

Thanks

Hi! The max resolution is already there, you need to use MJPEG and disable PIP. You can then right click and choose resolution and you will be given the res onscreen.!

JD

Geovision IP CAM 1,3

http://norge.dipmap.com:8282

U = guest

P = guest

Slow connection so......whatever!

IP Module

http://norge.dipmap.com:1280

U = demo

P = demo

Same adsl s**t

JD

---------------------------------------------------------

Can u please set for full resolution of 1.3 megapix

Thanks

Thx

Can u adust focus plz as best as possible

ip module made by well known chinese company

mega pix so far looks kinda weak

I'm running 8.2 with Axis megapixel. Looks good so far.

Image from the 207MW is as good as any other IP NVR software.

So...you are saying that Axis cameras work with version 8.2?

I was under the impression that only the Geo MP camera and video server (VS2) would work with 8.2, and that third-party cameras would only work with Geo NVR software (with dongle).

So...you are saying that Axis cameras work with version 8.2?

I was under the impression that only the Geo MP camera and video server (VS2) would work with 8.2, and that third-party cameras would only work with Geo NVR software (with dongle).

yep, thats right. You need a dongle to run third party cams.

Thanks. Now that I have looked at the IP camera setup in 8.2 (with geo card installed), I do see 3rd party cameras listed.

It is too bad about the 8 IP camera limit, but its not a deal breaker.

For new sales you can decide before hand which software the customer should use (nice flowchart btw!).

But for customers with existing analog systems running 8.2, it limits their upgrade path to IP.

I got my NVR dongle yesterday. Now have 2 Sony IP cams running alongside 14 analogs on v8.2. Installed fine, Geo auto-detected them. Bit of a drawback that the contrast/brightness controls in System configure don't work on the IP cams, so you have to log in to each cameras own setup page to tweak these.

My IP cams have build in microphones, anyone have any ideas how to record the audio from these in 8.2 ?

What are the model numbers of your Sony cameras?

Hi James,

SNC-CS50 and SNC-P1.

I figured out the audio since, but the lack of contrast/brightness control is a real nuisance.

Just noticed that the IP cameras aren't shown on the spot monitor. Anyone know if this is a bug or just the way it is ?

That is just the way it is. Got this comfirmed with Geo yesterday.

There will be a release that fixes this, but I don't know when it is released.

That is just the way it is. Got this comfirmed with Geo yesterday.

There will be a release that fixes this, but I don't know when it is released.

Thanks Orion.

Dear ruairi,

As far as I know, the audio functions work with 2 third-party IP cams only.

Sony_SNC_RZ25N

Sony_SNC_RZ50N

Do SNC-CS50 and SNC-P1 work with audio?

SNC-CS50n or SNC-CS50p? or both?

I need to confirm this with you..Thank you...

The IP cam will not be shown under TV-out feature when integrating with GV Combo cards...Release a patch? I havn't heard any info regarding to this....

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support, GeoVision Inc , Taiwan

+886-2-8797-8377 with extension 287

The IP cam will not be shown under TV-out feature when integrating with GV Combo cards...Release a patch? I havn't heard any info regarding to this....

I got the info from your colleague Edwin when I met him in Sweden.

We were talking NVR, so the extra soft might only be for the pure NVR soft?

Dear Ruairi,

I don't understand what you meant by extra software...Please explain to me. Thank you...

In GV NVR or GV IPCAM, Spot monitor feature isn't supported..

I did talked to Edwin and other Tech support people....

Here is the conclusion...

There would be no patch or fix for the spot monitor features in GV NVR or GV IP CAM.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support, GeoVision Inc , Taiwan

+886-2-8797-8377 with extension 287

The info I got was that there will be a release of a soft that can handle a second monitor the same way that the old spot monitor.

This was valid only for Geo NVR. I got the info from the Swedish supplier too.

Are you saying that this woun't come true?

hi can some one tell me if i need to purchase a gv-usb dongle in order to add an onvif outdoor camera? i have 4 GV-MFD110 domes but i need an ir outdoor bullet.. i saw an onvif camera that costs 250usd but i dont know if it will integrate to my 8.5 multicam rightaway =9,

I'm using the newest GV as well with mostly new AXIS cameras. Seems to work fine for me. I'll have anywhere between 4-16 IP cameras on each DVR, as well as whatever old analog cameras were previously installed, running on GeoVision.

Starting out, only problems I had were on my side. Not using the settings properly aka auto boot in both GV and the BIOS settings.

AXIS camera wise, they should all be compatible.

hi can some one tell me if i need to purchase a gv-usb dongle in order to add an onvif outdoor camera? i have 4 GV-MFD110 domes but i need an ir outdoor bullet.. i saw an onvif camera that costs 250usd but i dont know if it will integrate to my 8.5 multicam rightaway =9,

@kronix it should integrate right away, especially if it's a GV camera. Check the GV software manual and Camera manual just to double check. I haven't had a single IP camera not compatible with GeoVision yet... and I only use AXIS cameras.