homefree

HELP.....Nuvico DV3 16 channel CD-R

Ok guy's I've tried it all I think and for some reason I can't get the video from the DVR to play back on my home computer.

This is a new system and the first Nuvico system that I've installed and soon to be the last.

The first thing I tried to do was record the info from the dvr on to a CD and the dvr kept spitting the disc out so I thought that maybe it was the wrong CD so I tried them all, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-RW AND DVD+RW and the dvr did the same thing, it kept spitting the disc out....HUM....I even tried to format the disc's and they all did the same thing.....

So I bought a memory stick and tried that, the first stick I bought was a MAXTOR 2 gig and the dvr seem to download to the stick but when I got home and tried to read the stick on my computer with the NOVICO program my computer kept asking me if I wanted to format the stick

So now I'm getting ticked and call support and they told me that I had to use Memorex or Kingston sticks, so I go and buy a Kingston 1 gig stick and down load some stuff off the dvr and bring it home, plug it in to my computer and it ask me the same thing...WOULD YOU LIKE TO FORMAT THE STICK

I've just about had it with this NUVICO DV3

Now the NUVICO is a LINUX base system and I'm running Windows XP and I'm not sure if that has some thing to do with the problem or what it is.

So has anybody else had this problem? If so please pass on you're secret on how you got the video off the DVR to play back on you're computer.

Thank You, Dave

Usually burn to cd, player and all will be on it, have never had to do a dv3 on a flash drive. What firmware version is on the dvr?

Usually burn to cd, player and all will be on it, have never had to do a dv3 on a flash drive. What firmware version is on the dvr?

App Version is 07.1230.1230

Linux Version is 2.6.12-RC4#832

I checked for a updated version on the Nuvico site and mine has the latest version installed already, so I'm lost on what it is.

I've tried shutting the system down thinking that maybe there was something left in the memory some where, but still a no go.

When I format the mem stick I can watch it formating and at the end the dvr will say "succesfull" and then I will exite out of that screen and go in to backup and select about 20 min of one camera and watch it being down loaded to the stick but for some reason I can't get it to play back on my computer...HECK I even tried it on my other XP computer and I got the same message...Would you like to format you're stick....so it's not the computer.

I feel so sorry for your sad story

I think that CD-ROW doesn't work at all,,,

Our product don't have CD-ROW, so I don't know how to help you, but even so, I can know that this CD-ROW doesn't work at all, that's why you can't have images from the disc in your computer,,,

You can return this DVR to them,,,let them replace with a new and workable one.

Hope you good.

Yes, that is the latest version, when you insert a cd it does not recognize that there is a disk in the drive? You do not want to format cd's that will make them used as far as the unit is concerned. From the sounds of it either the cd burner has a bad connection or the unit is bad, ifthis is a new unit I would contact whoever you bought the unit from to get it repaired/replaced.

homefree,

Apart from the CD trouble, what is the live viewing and recorded resolution like on the DV3.

Are you happy with image quality?

cheers

homefree,

Apart from the CD trouble, what is the live viewing and recorded resolution like on the DV3.

Are you happy with image quality?

cheers

I guess I'm happy with the picture it's pretty clear but it could of been better, I had a tight budget to work with when I purchased the system.

I used Day/Night Infrared Dome Surveilux SVD-55IR24 cameras