id2003

Alcatraz ALD-810; pros, cons

I need to order a DVR this week. Can anyone give me some pros or cons on the Alcatraz ALD-810? Is there anything else in the $1000 price range that has the same features, or should I just go with this unit. No one has responded to my 1st post for help. I came here instead of eBay, but can't get some advice. Hello sponsors, anyone want my money?

I need to order a DVR this week. Can anyone give me some pros or cons on the Alcatraz ALD-810? Is there anything else in the $1000 price range that has the same features, or should I just go with this unit. No one has responded to my 1st post for help. I came here instead of eBay, but can't get some advice. Hello sponsors, anyone want my money?

Hello id2003,

I've checked through the Alcatraz ALD-810. It is a realtime HCIF item concerning the definition of the image, you can know this from the recording speed 360x120 (360x144) 240(200) ips for 8 channels ones(CIF: 360*240/240ips; D1: 720*480/240ips).

Several points for you to check an item:

1. the processor. The most famous two name is Philips and IT.

2. Is it a real time item or not? The recording speed should be 25ips per channel, so 8 channel will reach 200ips, and 16 channel will be 400ips.

3. The definition. You will find there are D1, HD1, CIF etc, and this is the definition of the image you will get. D1 720*480, HD1 720*240, CIF 360*240. Usually, for personal or retail environment use, a CIF item will

be qualified.

4. CD/DVD burner. This is sometimes an optional choice. Most of DVR has HDD and USB slot for storage, and a 500G HDD will be enough for at least 41days(24hrs per day) recording file archive with the CIF definition. Of course it will archive more when you don't need full 24hrs recording per day and use schedule recording or motion detection recording.

5. The network functionality. IE and software view, most of dvrs can do this nowadays.

6. The stability of the device. this point you have to pxperience and know it by yourself.

Hope you are happy now.

Hi,

The D series from the Alcatraz brand (ALD-410D, ALD-810D and ALD-1610D) is by far our best series of standalone DVRs yet. Covisec is selling these mostly to installers and corporate buyers and the reviews so far have been exceptional. There is a demo set up on the Covisec website.

Thanks