joe4

Speedome 2000 RA186XV - For $160.00

I just got a Speedome 2000 RA186XV - For $160.00.

Was this a good deal?

I have no idea what the specs for this camera are if some one could help.

Also how do I hook it to my GV-800-4

Thanks

If it works, it's a good deal. Hopefully, you have the mount because you're not going to find one very easily.

As for the connection to the GV system, that unit requires RS422. If the GV system outputs Sensormatic RS422 code, you're in. if not, try www.sennetech.net They only make code translators, so most likely they'll have something for you (e.g Pelco to Sensormatic RS422). Find a code that GV outputs and see if Sennetech has a code translator.

I was going to mount it indoors in a drop ceiling.

I am going to a rig a plywood, ceiling tile mount.

Do you know the camera zoom or resolution? I cannot find a user guide.

Can a PTZ hook to the DB9 Serial connection on the motherboard or do you have to buy a extra card?

You need an RS-232 to 485/422 converter box. I would assume Geovision supports PTZ movement so it would be a matter of setting it up in the software.

I just saw one on that *one* site that was going for about $20-50 (pending final bidding), and was wondering if it was worth it. Not something I really need right now, but if the price is right and it works, you know its hard to pass the offers.

If the price is too good to be true, then there has got to be something wrong with it ... or maybe its just a real slow cheap digital DIY ptz dome??

geez, no wonder its only $200, think that is too much for something that old, plus, no enclosure ..

I dunno, but here is the link to it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5781179068&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Looks like a real Sensormatic dome, and big and old. Just wish I knew the specs. Says its color, but no zoom or resolution data, and I can't find anything online.

if motors and electronic is working - even without camera and enclusure is worth more.

P.S. power consumption is a little to high: 19W