dcam

Geovision wont acknowledge problem

I have tried twice to convince Geovision that their 600 / 650 / 800 cards all have problems with certain new types of cameras (pulsating image / jagged edges / blurring / picture jumping up and down etc.) This occurs in live view and remote live view, playback is ok. This only occurs with V 8.12 as far as I know.

I know that this has been discussed several times before on this forum, but i would like to know if anyone has had any reactions from Geovision, or if they intend to fix it, I had hoped they would address it in V 8.2, but no luck there.

Maybe they only test new cameras on the higher cards ... 1120 etc.

It seems every camera I test ( that meets my criteria ) has some little problem relating to the above.

Thanks Dominic

V3.51 ... Tried different codec's,resolutions, etc. V8.01 does not seem to have this problem.

So on the exact same machine with the exact same cameras, you will get different pictures from different versions of software? If so, I'd take screen shots of everything and email it to Andy with camera models, etc..

Hi Dominic,

I raised this quite a while ago and I am afraid it has been no picture, no sound from Geovision since.

Hi James from ezcctv

If you speak to your colleagues Peter and Joss you will find that this problem was reported to them also. I know my wife spoke to tech support several times and that your tech support had gone as far as setting up your ez day/night 3 axis domes which gave pulsating/ jagged/ torn images. In our case we were using cameras bought from you on a recommended platform. That was back in January.

I too would like resolution of this as I need to move on the unused Geo cards.

Its one of the reasons I am passing on IFsec this year dont think I could control myself in front of Geovision, might of sworn at the sales type of people.

Dear All,

Really sorry for any inconvenience to cause you guys....

Camera's image can be influenced by cameras, resolution and capture cards. If cameras' chipsets are not 100% compatible with the chipsets in captures, video quality might be affected.

The true is GV 600/650/800 and GV Combo are using two different chipsets. The video images in GV600/650/800 are not as crystal clear as the image in GV Combo card. GeoVision had done a couple different tests by using a couple differet cameras in GV 600/650/800 and GV Combo. The result is the same above.

I had heard from EZ, from you guys and other customers...

I even called the cameras' companies and discuss the image problem with tech representatives..After done some adjustments, still no lock..

This issue might be something to do with GeoVision capture cards' Spec. Or something to do with compatibile issue between cameras' chipsets and GeoVision capture cards' chipsets.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support, GeoVision Inc , Taiwan

+886-2-8797-8377 with extension 287

Yep just went back to the 4 cam job with those panos (the one that also has the 16 channel DVR with the 1 single Pano camera on it also) and was sad to see all the black borders .. luckily the client doesn't even notice it .. for now at least. Just went back to port forward with their IT guy.

Andy, is UDP Tech still involved, if so have you checked on this with them yet?

Dear Rory,

What are the model number and brand name of those cameras?

Are they IP cameras or analog cameras?

What capture cards are you using?

What software version did you use?

Let me know as soon as possible...

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

All Eclipse CCTV Cameras.

Top Left: http://www.eclipsecctv.com/ECL-557H_dome_camera.html

Top Right: http://www.eclipsecctv.com/ECL-599HT_security_camera.html

Bottom: Cant remember model, but its their older Indoor Dome with Sony

Notice the blue line on the right of those images also.

Directly on a CCTV Monitor none of these lines appear.

EDIT; Their other site says that Bullet is a Pano, see this link for that:

http://www.cctvco.com/ECL-599HT_IR_bullet_camera.html

All Analog Cameras.

GV650 with 8.12 and 4 cameras (3 cameras have the line)

GV800 with 8.01 and 16 cameras (been running a couple years now, just the 1 new camera with line)

Also, there is a GV1120 which has 8 of the Eclipse ECL-598HIM Bullet cameras, those are fine, but they added a B/W Gate camera to it and that has lines on all sides of it, even thicker also, like a huge black border. That camera no idea what model it is, but it is powered from the Gate controller, and also is run over RG6 (probably CATV Cable as I didnt do it, was added in afterwards).

Let me know once you have saved those images so I can remove them please. Thanks

Dear Rory,

Thank you I got it....

If this is the IP camera, then black boarder line is normal...

If this is the analog camera with no DSP Overlay function on, then it is normal...

If this is the analog camera with DSP overlay on... then it is not normal to see any black lines

If this is the analog camera with DSP overlay on, then still has black border line... like we discuss before... this issue might be more toward to certain PANO chipset cameras ....

I am more interesting in the issue as following...

" GV1120 which has 8 of the Eclipse ECL-598HIM Bullet cameras, those are fine, but they added a B/W Gate camera to it and that has lines on all sides of it "

Is it possible that the issue is caused by the Gate controller and also is run over RG6?

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Dear Rory,

Thank you I got it....

If this is the IP camera, then black boarder line is normal...

If this is the analog camera with no DSP Overlay function on, then it is normal...

If this is the analog camera with DSP overlay on... then it is not normal to see any black lines

If this is the analog camera with DSP overlay on, then still has black border line... like we discuss before... this issue might be more toward to certain PANO chipset cameras ....

I am more interesting in the issue as following...

" GV1120 which has 8 of the Eclipse ECL-598HIM Bullet cameras, those are fine, but they added a B/W Gate camera to it and that has lines on all sides of it "

Is it possible that the issue is caused by the Gate controller and also is run over RG6?

Hi Andy, the gate camera, possibly, though that could be a Panasonic also, no idea as Its built into the Gate system and not my equipment.

As to these cameras, they are analog, no idea if they have DSP though they should, but maybe this type of Pano CCD does not?

All Eclipse CCTV Cameras.

Also, there is a GV1120 which has 8 of the Eclipse ECL-598HIM Bullet cameras, those are fine, but they added a B/W Gate camera to it and that has lines on all sides of it, even thicker also, like a huge black border. That camera no idea what model it is, but it is powered from the Gate controller, and also is run over RG6 (probably CATV Cable as I didnt do it, was added in afterwards).

Let me know once you have saved those images so I can remove them please. Thanks

I have almoust same problem with attach B/W camera with color camera.

First I attach B/W camera it`s OK, |When I attach one color camera, the color is wonderous (I think it is right word), and pic. on bouth camera is

bad. When I remove B/W camera (AV TECH)it is OK.

When I attach one more color camera, until then everything is OK.

I have tried twice to convince Geovision that their 600 / 650 / 800 cards all have problems with certain new types of cameras (pulsating image / jagged edges / blurring / picture jumping up and down etc.) This occurs in live view and remote live view, playback is ok. This only occurs with V 8.12 as far as I know.

I know that this has been discussed several times before on this forum, but i would like to know if anyone has had any reactions from Geovision, or if they intend to fix it, I had hoped they would address it in V 8.2, but no luck there.

Maybe they only test new cameras on the higher cards ... 1120 etc.

It seems every camera I test ( that meets my criteria ) has some little problem relating to the above.

Thanks Dominic

Sorry to bring this up again, but I was wondering if any progress has been made by Geovision on this.

I have recently tested a camera on a 600/8 system, and it showed no problems, I then bought 6x of them, and installed one on a 650/8, the picture jumps up and down at irregular intervals.

I wonder could this be caused by something else, I'm using the same spec. computer

Yes An... Rory but i cut my teeth on Geovision ,and although I dislike some aspects of Geo. I do have an affection for the rest of it.

After setting up a Geo. + an Avermedia side by side for two prospective clients, they both chose Geo. so what do I do?.

I think Geovision has to make a decision , to either try to solve this problem, or discontinue 600/650/800 cards, because this problem is on the increase, and its not going to go away. To make the jump to 1120 would be quite expensive, and in view of the fact that I don't need DSP, audio, or 100 FPS.(I only use PAL.), what have I to gain? Lower the price of the 1120, that might help for the future, but what about all those cards out there that are going to have to deal with all those new cams.

Geovision over to you !!!

You would think of a company like Geo to have people working on this ASAP but honestly it's just like every company they just yes us to death and do nothing at least say 'hey were working on it'.

one other thing i know it's off subject but i like the older style menus not the 8.2 cr@p seems harder to navigate and work with, almost Vista like . Geo is starting to take microsoft's mentality and forget we put them were they are.

I think the problem is actually in the capture chips, the only way around would be a redesign of the card.

This effect Avermedia too BTW it's not a Geovision exclusive problem.