kyotic

how is Avermedia??

I see that there are not a lot of post about Avermedia compared to Geo Vision. Can users with experience help me out and letting me know what are the PRO's can CON's about Avermedia? How is their tech support? Are they a good company to purchase DVR cards from?

Hi, I'm considering Avermedia also because of problems that Geovision cannot resolve with 600/650 cards.

I have been trying to contact Avermedia Benelux, situated in Nederland, for about 3 weeks now , about 30 phone calls , nobody picks up, 4 e mails, no reply.

All I need is a supplier in south Nederland or Belgium, all of their suppliers listed on their website don't have the "nv5000", or never heard of it.

I think this is very sad for a company this size, Geovision offer an excelent service and support. I'm sorry, this is not what you want to hear , but this my initial experiance with Avermrdia although I believe their DVR cards are excellent.

If anyone can give an address of a supplier in NL. OR BE. I would be very greatfull.

Thanks Dominic.

Wow that does suck. I am here in the US and I have been hearing mix reviews. Any input will be helpful in my opinion.

I'm a US installer, for support, GV disappoint me big time everytime I had any issues. their support simply suck from my experience.

Avermedia on the other hand always were very fast with their support, they are not good like Aiphone, but they 200 times better than GV. I always had my support tickets answered withing same day I posted them.

As for the product, personally I think GV is better. I come from IT background and love the endless features. the more menus/options the more I like the program

Avermedia is also great and solid. they let you stack 2 cards in the same machine and we have done several 32 cams system with aver. GV stuck with 16 cams on same rig.

Avermedia is also much more user friendly, most my customers like it better than GV. the networking is also easier since you only need a single port open and GV requires at least 5-6 open ports.

Aver is also a bit cheaper than GV where I buy from.

hope this helps.

Well I finally had to import a card from the UK. First impressions are very good, it is certainly very user friendly compaired to GV. and yes I also like gagegts, but its the clients that we have to think about , and their needs... thats what makes the sales !

The software is very limited, cant say its user friendly either.

But to each their own. Compared to other cards though, the software is like they just took their old basic capture card software and added 4 inputs (or more).

The live quality seems a little better than Geo's GV250-800's, but on the NV-3000 the Webserver relies on the recording settings, which IMO is less than adequate. Geo has a separate web server no matter which DVR card you use.

I use to sell Geo only, but from last four years I been selling AVerMedia. So, I been very happy with the product.