kujo999

How do you find the MAC Address for the NV3000 card?

I am trying to set up remote viewing using the NV3000 card. The documentation says (in Engrish) that you go to the OSD and the select Network Setup and from there you can figure out what the MAC address is.

Well, I don't see any Network Setup in the OSD. Anyone out there know how can I obtain this address?

Thanks!

mac should be from the pc you install it in...not on the card.

go into your sysinfo and get the pc mac address.......

I haven't had the pleasure of using an AverMedia product yet. But I did install a DVR that was talking about entering your MAC address. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what they were talking about. Finally figured out they meant IP address! So maybe it is a translation issue.

Wish I could remember where I ran into that problem... Might have been a JDVR from ARM?

it would be the Network Card's Mac Address, typically.

start, run, cmd

type:

ipconfig /all

the physical address is the network card's mac address

Thanks all for your replies. When I heard MAC address the first thing I did was do an IPCONFIG /ALL. But then trying to decipher the text, it looks like they wanted me to swap the CD-Key for the MAC address...OF THE DVR card! They even have "instructions" on how to get that. The problem is, that's wrong too.

I did manage to get in touch with avermedia US. I got a very quick response and as it turns out, I don't need the MAC address at all.

AverMedia really needs to hire someone who speaks proper English, I can only imagine what confusion is being caused with their other translations.

To their credit, they have been very responsive and that's comforting.

I am going to try out their recomendations now and see if they work.

Going in....wish me luck!

Yeah Im amazed at their fast response, being a fairly well known company. I opened a ticket on their main site (guess in Asia) and to every question over the past few weeks they have responded just about the same day, sometimes right away. The person I have been dealing with seems to speak pretty good english, well at least type it.

Glad you got the mac thing sorted out

Here's the update.

I got everything set up last night. I registered a ddns, fiddled around with my router to do port forwarding and lots of trial and error. It took me about 2 hours, and franky I was amazed that I was able to get it done.

Thanks to all who helped me. I couldn't have done it without you and Avermedia tech support.

Glad it worked out. And yep sounds real similar to what I was describing. They seem to use MAC for a catch-all phrase that can really mean any string of numbers that they have no better name for.

Yes but what worked in the end, I have the same problem, and the MAC address does not work , or the CD-Key, that came with the card does not work, although that is specifically what they ask for...?