kzinaz

Problem: PTZ Cameras drift after control

The system is a Honeywell (Ultrak) HMXAT200 Switcher, HEGS3500 Keyboard, and 32 Honeywell KD6 PTZ cameras. The system was working properly. Recently, all PTZ cameras will continue to move slowly after they're panned. If you're panning a camera with the joystick to the right and release the joystick to stop, the camera will continue to pan slowly to the right. A slight bump to the left will generally stop the drift. I'm using the MaxPro protocol. I thought I might replace the RS485 board in the HMXAT200. Any other suggestions?

check the power...seen this where the camer distance from the power supply is to long. I normally use adjustable power supplies so can adjust/compensate for cable distance........works very well. ie. 15vdc adjustable used on a 200ft. connection, adjust the power to 14vdc so that the end of the cable voltage is 12vdc. ie. 28vac adjustable....same same.

I second the controller calibration. Might also pop it open and make sure no debris is getting caught on the buttons/scrollers inside the controller.

If none of those other suggestions PAN out , I would also check the Joystick/gimble to see if it's getting bound up with dirt or debris. They can get pretty gummy sometimes. I have seen this happen a lot in harsh environments. Also could be the pots (potentiometers) gunked up inside. a good electronics cleaner should help with both of those.

Might also see if stop commands are getting to the cameras. Have seen that with Ademco (now Honeywell) cameras. Fix? Antenna realignment. If you're lucky. Hope some of the other suggestions work for you first.

The system is a Honeywell (Ultrak) HMXAT200 Switcher, HEGS3500 Keyboard, and 32 Honeywell KD6 PTZ cameras. The system was working properly. Recently, all PTZ cameras will continue to move slowly after they're panned. If you're panning a camera with the joystick to the right and release the joystick to stop, the camera will continue to pan slowly to the right. A slight bump to the left will generally stop the drift. I'm using the MaxPro protocol. I thought I might replace the RS485 board in the HMXAT200. Any other suggestions?

We have had this problem several times with a similar setup. The problem is the joystick on the keyboard - the pots get worn/noisy/dirty and the joystick fails to return to the zero position so it never sends the stop command to the camera.

Don't bother replacing the RS485 board; get the keyboard fixed/serviced first. BTW, these keyboards are going EOL so if you want spares I'd order them soon (in fact I just ordered 3 myself for our system).