gfdcxgfd

How can I run VGA or DVI up to ~200FT?

What is an inexpensive way for me to run VGA or DVI cable up to around 200FT while staying under $150 any ideas fellas? The cheapest I came up with was for around $350 which is way too expensive for me.

Seriously doubt you would get a usable solution for 200ft by just soldering on a vga connector onto cat5e...

Thanks for the suggestion but I think I am just better off buying a 200ft VGA cable. Saw one for around 130 shipped which I think is reasonable enough.

"VGA" technically means 640 x 480 x 60 Hz (31.5 kHz.) Some cheaper extensions that cut corners with wire size and shielding will only meet this spec. Let us know how it works.

Yeah, Cool Stuff! Have you ever used it? looks pricey.

Do you get Cabling Business Magazine? I think I may have seen rapidrun featured there. We did an install were we ran a bunch of pre-made VGA cables for a client. What a nightmare...

Never did find an easy way to do it. We used pull socks but it was still snaggy.

Yeah, Cool Stuff! Have you ever used it? looks pricey.

Do you get Cabling Business Magazine? I think I may have seen rapidrun featured there. We did an install were we ran a bunch of pre-made VGA cables for a client. What a nightmare...

Never did find an easy way to do it. We used pull socks but it was still snaggy.

Use it all the time!!!! I used to run 5 R-G6 for component video. With the Rapidrun I can install them in a quarter of the time and you only have to drill a 3/4" hole for the wire.

"VGA" technically means 640 x 480 x 60 Hz (31.5 kHz.) Some cheaper extensions that cut corners with wire size and shielding will only meet this spec. Let us know how it works.

Yup, that was one of the first things I made sure when I looked at the cable. I think mine supports 1024 X 768. Which will work.

That does look very interesting/expensive/professional, I'll keep it in mind when I do a job where I want to look like a uber pro!