dylan2008

the way to solve the losing natural color

Hi, everyone while you use the IR camera, do u find the picture

would lose the natural color in the day?

Do u look for some ways to solve it? Do u used the two filters camera, the two lenses camera or the two CCD camera, which one is better?

the way to fix it is to buy a True Day Night Camera, those will have a Mechanical IR Cut Filter.

Post subject:

the way to fix it is to buy a True Day Night Camera, those will have a Mechanical IR Cut Filter.

rory, some manufaturer uses two lenses, and some uses two CCD to solve this problem, so how do i choose the camera?

It doesn't matter which type of solution you go for as long as you have IR pass at night and IR stop during the day. That is all that matters if you want true colour and IR sensitivity. How the camera achieves it is your choice.

From a theory point of view using two CCD's should give you the best performance, a mono CCD will be slightly more sensitive as it won't have colour filters but that will cost and the performance gains won't be massive.

I've never come across a two lens solution. I don't quite understand what that is.

Mechanical filter is by far the most popular method.

rory, some manufaturer uses two lenses, and some uses two CCD to solve this problem, so how do i choose the camera?

2 lenses? 2 CCDs I know, the Extreme CCTV EX82 for example, great camera and much better than the single camera solution, but as mentioned the single camera solution is the most common and less expensive.