P4yfir3

Can I brighten/enhance night video footage?

I have footage from an arecont 3130m IP camera. No IR.

there is very low light & I need to brighten / enhance the video.

Is there enhancement video editing software that will enhance an avi or even raw data(from luxriot system)?

Or if I select various frames(images) & use aprogram to enhance?

Have tried basic brighten & gamma? should I look at adobe photoshop for the images?

cheers

Are there any filters that I can download to enhance? what would be my best approach in enhancing this video with virtual dub?

It comes with a standard filter set, but more can found over the web. To give you an exact tutorial on which filters to use is hard, because it is depends on your video.

I would start working with the 'levels' filter then moving on to 'brightness/contrast'. We also use addon filter like 'Noise Reducer' and 'Luminance Correction'.

get the correct lighting first IR or visible ?

One $200 wide angle IR illuminator or some spots ?

fixing bad video is silly

One $200 wide angle IR illuminator or some spots ?

fixing bad video is silly

I agree your going to spend money after the fact to get a picture you should of had in the biginning. I don't think any video software will get you the brightness you want, Also if you edit that video it becaome inadmissible in courtroom....

I use JASC paintshop pro and have had no issues with evidence usually they are very thankful.

However I always submit an unmodified original watermarked version for whatever they need. Going beyond on your copy doesn't effect the original.