nishanf

Camera Power Question

First post, but I've been reading for awhile. Thanks for all the good info.

I picked up a KTC N600 camera recently:

http://www.ktnc.co.kr/product_02_06.asp

It comes in a 12V DC and 24 AC type, and I bought the 12V version. Hooked it up to my 12 supply and everything seems to work fine.

Today I suddenly noticed that the box the camera came in says 24AC, and on second look there is a tiny sticker on the camera power cable that says 24AC only. So it looks like I was shipped the wrong camera.

Given that it seems to work, is there an automatic switching circuit in the camera that adjusts for the supplied voltage? Am I doing some harm by delivering it DC? It seems to work just fine. I could ship it back, of course, but that will be a 2 week turn around time, and I want to go ahead and mount it.

thanks,

Nishan

That's a dual voltage camera. It automatically senses which voltage you put in, so it will work either way.

Added: Their website is very confusing. Did you check your manual? Does it say anything about dual voltage?

Quality control at KT&C is not very good. The N600 camera is a decent camera for the money, however, I have recieved 24V cameras in housings with a 12V sticker on them and vice versa. They have a 2 year warranty and they are good about it, I wouldn't worry about throwing the wrong voltage to a camera as they will take care of you.

And to my knowledge, last time we used those cameras, they were NOT dual voltage, you have to specify 12V or 24V when ordering.

And to my knowledge, last time we used those cameras, they were NOT dual voltage, you have to specify 12V or 24V when ordering.

That's what I was worried about. I guess if it were truly 24 VAC, then it wouldn't work at all on 12V DC. Since it does, I guess all is well.

thanks

Nishan

That was my reasoning. If you haven't fried it by now, you won't. I'm still not absolutely sure they are or are not dual voltage now. Their website leads you to believe they are, but it's not definitive.