2 X NV6480 and Version 7.3.0.0013

I just built a system with 2 NV6480 cards and tried installing version 7.3.0.0013 and it comes up with an error everytime (error 2 SDK) and then loads up the live view for an NV5000 card even though the desktop shortcut says 6000 express.

Spoke to tech support this am and I guess there are issues with the new version and the NV6480 express cards....... darn. hopefully a patch will be out soon.

I just built a system with 2 NV6480 cards and tried installing version 7.3.0.0013 and it comes up with an error everytime (error 2 SDK) and then loads up the live view for an NV5000 card even though the desktop shortcut says 6000 express.

Spoke to tech support this am and I guess there are issues with the new version and the NV6480 express cards....... darn. hopefully a patch will be out soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Install all the drivers for your mother board and VGA card then run then restart windows. Then install ver 7.3... If using vista have to disable UAC. Best of luck

Hi,

@501

Have you find any solution to make working 2 nv6480exp card with 7.3 software version ? I've the same issue trying to install the software (SDK error : 2 )

Regards,

I tried 67c the other day, and had the same issue. I ended up reinstalling an older version. I've tried installing the latest drivers for just about every hardware device on my system, without luck.

Hi,

I've tried all version including this last one without any success.

By the way, I've never succeeded to install any 7.3 version using a NV6000E serie card (even the version from installation CD)

Anyone here could confim that 7.3.xxxx version is working with these cards ??? I've some doubt about this or maybe I've some hardware problem to resolve

Thank you for help.

Regards ,

what PC/Server setup are you using? specs?

I've got a few out there running all sorts of different versions.........and I'm running 67c........

Hi,

Works for me.

Could you post here your hardware specifications please ?

what PC/Server setup are you using? specs?

I've got a few out there running all sorts of different versions.........and I'm running 67c........

These are my specs for 32 channels version :

Motherboard : ASUS P5E-VM HDMI (chipset G35)

CPU : Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650

Memory : 2x 1Go Kingston PC5300-667MHz

Video Cards : 2 x NV6480Exp

And for 8 or 16 channels version :

Motherboard : Intel D945 GCNL (chipset i945)

CPU : Intel Pentium Dual E2200

Memory : 1 x 1Go Kingston PC5300-667MHz

Video Card : 1 x NV6480Exp or 1x NV6240Exp

Thanks

Regards,

have you tried loading to just one 6480? Then swap them.test them. Then build it up from there?

also, if you have any other devices, cards, ect.plugged in.unplug and retry.

have you tried loading to just one 6480? Then swap them.test them. Then build it up from there?

also, if you have any other devices, cards, ect.plugged in.unplug and retry.

Yes I've tested with only one NV6480e card without luck :-\

Also, I've tried several nv6480e cards and this didn't fix the problem.

I haven't any other devices connected...I've also made a fresh installation of WinXP without install any other software..no luck :'(

I'm wondering if there isn't any hardware compatibilty with these chipsets...What model of MB do you generally use ?

Having said that, chipset i945 appear in the list of hardware recommendation provided by Avermedia, so...don't sure this is the problem...

Thanks.

Regards,

Asus boards.worked good.no probs

obviously you have a bad combo........I'd try.

- reset the MB to default

- get MB drivers updated..........most likely this will help/////

- try different memory.....I've seen memory conflict with video cards

- onboard video? disable and try video card

I had a card not work in one box and when moved to another it worked fine..........both boxes were dells.same build, ect.

I just installed 2 of the 6480 cards in a system and got the errors again even with the latest version. I had to go back to an older version to get it to work. Doesn't Avermedia test these things? It causes installer like us to spend hours and hours troubleshooting to find out it's a software problem.

Dear Customer,

Please make sure it is NV6480 Express card that can stacked to be 32CH solution.

For long and previous phased out NV6480 card, it can support 16CH.

As for NV6480 Card the latest and the final version for the card is 7.3.0.0013.

Thanks.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance I could provide

Is it working now?

What did you do? Did you Install a older version?

I'm having the same problem during the installation.

My DVR specs are

x3550 IBM

Intel Xeon Quad Core 1.6

2 GB RAM Mem

147 GB HDD

Thanks.

David

Seems mobo was the problem for me...

Using ASUSTeK P5N73-AM motherboard, version 7.3 is running like a charm

So I suppose there is an HW compatibilty pb with some chipset...

Regards,

I'm new to CCTV systems and am currently using 2 x NV6480 express cards on a custom Core 2 Duo w/ gigabit E6850, 3gz, 2mb ram, Nvidia GeForce 8500GT, XP sp2.

DVR ver 7.3.0.0.0043d

I was having problems with system crashing randomly every two to three days. For some reason I was able to get around this by scheduling an automatic reboot of the system every two days. No more crashes since.

I'm sure it's not the correct way to resolve this but it works.

My main beef now is the limitation of the automatic 10 second record of all channels every hour on the hour. It is a pain for remote viewing of motion triggered cameras.

I spoke to support and a regional sales manager but they were not able to comment on whether this limitation will be resolved.

The system was working fine v7.3.0.13 original cd.

Last week a gave maintenance to the pc, then surprise when I reinstalled everything I get NO VIDEO now.

I have no idea what I did wrong.

Same system, same hardware. After reformatting the harddrive now I have NO VIDEO I dont see my camaras.

I have an Averdigi NV6480Express card.

Best Regards

I little help will be GREATLY appreciated.