cwd10

Sanyo VCC-ZM400 opinions needed.

The specs look good, but does anybody have any real word experience with these? I noticed that it doesn't mention an I/R cut filter in the specs, but it does list sensitivity down to .002 lx in B/W "sense up" mode. Any good?

I'm having a lot of trouble finding a decent day/night cam with remote (RS-485) zoom capability.

Fairly decent product... and it does deliver the goods as specified. Its zoom in and out feature is fairly easy and yet does exactly what it states... We sold few of these units recently and they worked like a charm.

If you need more information and want to talk to Sanyo technical support, please let me know. More specs is here: http://us.sanyo.com/industrial/security/cameras/quarter_color/index.cfm?productID=732

Thanks. I'm definitely leaning towards the ZM-400, as opposed to the Mace 26X and Samsung SCC-C4301 units. They are all pretty close in specs, but the ZM-400 seems to give the most bang for the buck. At least on paper.

Another question about the ZM-400. Under "Communication" in the specs, it says Coaxial/RS-485 (SSP). What is SSP? Is this compatible with the Peco D protocol?