BennyBoy

Benny here.

Just found the forum. I may not give much but I'll take what I can, thanks in advance!

I just got into the whole CCTV thing because I bought a REAL POS system from Costco for $400. I really dont feel its even worth $40.

It's an Astak dvr and four cameras and I've had three fail in less than two weeks!

I've got a G4 RTA 4 ch on the way(thanks to this forum). I've made up three cameras from Sony 1/3 480 boards. I let you folks know how it works out.

How did you go from an Astak dvr and four cameras to a G4 RTA 4 ch??

Kind of two different selections from polar opposites?????

Did the Astak come with wireless, or wired cameras?

Did you have 3 DVRs, or 3 cameras fail?

Sounds kind of strange?

hi, welcome to CCTV forum

I see you have bought a DIY KIT with DVRs+4cameras ,right ? $400 is really too much, a very nice one only cost about $200 in my sourcing experience.

How did you go from an Astak dvr and four cameras to a G4 RTA 4 ch??

Kind of two different selections from polar opposites?????

Did the Astak come with wireless, or wired cameras?

Did you have 3 DVRs, or 3 cameras fail?

Sounds kind of strange?

I did this because I had been wanting a 4 ch DVR for a few years now and the prices have been falling a lot in the last few years.

I know nothing about this stuff! After having three astak DVR's fail. I did what I needed to do in the first place and read up on this stuff.

The astak specs out good but there QC is in the dirt.

The astak cameras where of such low quality, I had to replace three of them right from the start.

I went with the G4 4 RTA because of what I found online in the forums.

Also for the $720. delivered, I really could not find anything better for less money.

hi, welcome to CCTV forum

I see you have bought a DIY KIT with DVRs+4cameras ,right ? $400 is really too much, a very nice one only cost about $200 in my sourcing experience.

A very nice one?? A very nice camera seems to run about $200. How can one find a complete system for $200.???

Edited by Guest

200 units a month minimum plus shipping from Asia by boat($2.00 per item), and shipping to what ever state you live.

Do not forget your import license.

Wow must be real high quality stuff...