KRANKRAN

AVC Tech and modern hard drives

It's harder and harder to find IDE drives.

Has anyone tried to connect SATA drives to AVC's IDE via a IDE->SATA adapter?

Use mostly IDE drives. Have you looked at Tigerdirect.com or Newegg? Can find any size of IDE drive on their sites. $90-$100 is pretty good for a 500G drive , delivered.

This one works perfect:

Go to lindy-usa com, search for Product No. 51021

My WD7500AACS in Scythe Quiet Drive 5.25"(SQD-1000) runs silent and pretty cool with the AV760

This one works perfect:

My WD7500AACS in Scythe Quiet Drive 5.25"(SQD-1000) runs silent and pretty cool with the AV760

I really like this post. It has potential since IDE HDDs are becoming more scarce while SATA is living and breathing, at least for now. What SATA to IDE devices are people using successfully in DVRs? We could build this message with successes, and post as a sticky for others to follow. It would be great to have a diagram on their device install/layout as a 1-2-3 guide. Ideas?

I was thinking about going SATA, but for know... my problems are with IDE. Thanks for listening.

Odd Ballz

there is a new model of AVTECH AVC760AS. it is sata HDD already and its web transmit format is mpeg4

I pulled up the specs. Very interesting. I wonder what the insides look like, and how they configured the cabling for SATA. I see they also have the AVC761ASV version out as well for SATA. I see someone has posted a link to a SATA converter board earlier. Glad to see AVTech keeping up with technology.

This one works perfect:

I really like this post. It has potential since IDE HDDs are becoming more scarce while SATA is living and breathing, at least for now. What SATA to IDE devices are people using successfully in DVRs? We could build this message with successes, and post as a sticky for others to follow. It would be great to have a diagram on their device install/layout as a 1-2-3 guide. Ideas?

I was thinking about going SATA, but for know... my problems are with IDE. Thanks for listening.

Odd Ballz

Hm,hard for me to follow, cause English isn't my native language - i don't know whether i understand your post. I just want to help, nothing else. This adapter works fine. If there is anything wrong, let me know.Thank you.

Hm,hard for me to follow, cause English isn't my native language - i don't know whether i understand your post. I just want to help, nothing else. This adapter works fine. If there is anything wrong, let me know.Thank you.

Hi Sauerkraut,

Nothing wrong. Thanks for asking. I went to the AVTech site, and they are now selling a SATA-to-IDE adaptor for use in the IDE version DVRs. I found them on eBay (shipped from Hong Kong), and seem to be the same item. Cost is $6 shipped. Search for key words "sata ide adaptor". I'll probably purchase one since I'm not ready to buy a new DVR yet.