XXX

Best Pricepoint DVR w/ excellenct POS support?

Agree. POS takes a lot of time OR many people.

But it is now easier seeing that there are many companies that you can borrow ideas from.

VPON DVR are going to have it soon. I have a PDF file and the new firmware with the POS manual. Looks good. I do need the VPON Licence key to activate the POS function, but they wont give it to me. Got to wait for the relese. Bummer

Image Vault Pos system. You can search anything that prints on a receipt. You can also setup Hot words, I.E. No Sale, Refund. Search through the Audit Trail you can creat. Comes in 4,8,12,16 camera DVR 40-480G. It is a PC Based. Go to www.4ademo.com click on Manufactures CCTV ImageVault. Here you can see all the features. Great part is that if you buy a PC Based DVR and need to expand you can. Just by adding another card. Only supports upto 16 cameras per unit. If you have a number of stores you can use the Image Vault max to network them all together. Image Vault is made by FKI. FKI started making fireproof safes back in the day and still do. They are truly a loss prevention company and have really done some extensive research to tailor this dvr to the retail industry. It is very easy to use.

I don't know a POS DVR that has the has the features of the Image Vault. I will admit that they still aren't quite there when it comes to compression, but the auditing features and multiple view of cameras and sync feature are very impressive. I LIKE IT!

I don't know a POS DVR that has the has the features of the Image Vault. I will admit that they still aren't quite there when it comes to compression, but the auditing features and multiple view of cameras and sync feature are very impressive. I LIKE IT!

Have you tried the Kalatel POS yet? I havent, just wondering .. I heard it was great, and seen some screen shots, their normal search is great also. Not much call for this down here though, but still good to know. I know image vault has been doing it for a long time also. Same thing with Compression in the Kalatels, wavelet is huge .. but it is very clear.

Rory