BennyBoy

Little help with a minor G4-RTA problem, please.

I just got a G4-RTA 4 ch. I've master the workings of it in no time flat(very easy to use) My only issue is the preview quality is not as good as a strait hookup to monitor (camera to monitor). what I see is a slight ghost on the more contrast areas. The good news is, the recorded image does not look any worse. Is this normal for a higher end machine to degrade the image in the live preview mode?

Thanks all.

Hi,

Can you post an image for us to see??

Thanks

Mike

You seem to like the brand? Have you seen any degrade in image quality with this unit? Can you go direct from a camera to your monitor and let me know what you find?

Thanks.

Are you using the VGA output or the BNC video out to sample your video?

Try using the other video out and sample that way. In other words, if you are sampling via the VGA card then try using the video out and vise versa.

I have not experienced any noticeable degradation in image quality and I have installed many of these units.

And yes, I do like this unit. Hands down!!!!!!

Are you using the VGA output or the BNC video out to sample your video?

Try using the other video out and sample that way. In other words, if you are sampling via the VGA card then try using the video out and vise versa.

I have not experienced any noticeable degradation in image quality and I have installed many of these units.

And yes, I do like this unit. Hands down!!!!!!

Tried both outputs and no difference. I would think there would be an adjustment on the mother board to fix it but I'm not going to void the warranty by trying. The problem is a little like an old monitor with bad convergence. Also does it with a dvd movie(not as bad but its there).

I could send a file from the unit?

OK, great!! Send a small clip ( files will tend to be large ) so be careful. Maybe 15 or 20 seconds. Send it to my email address. Hopefully my inbox will accept it as I only have so much quota and my inbox is pretty full. If it bounces, email me and let me know.

Thanks

Mike

OK, great!! Send a small clip ( files will tend to be large ) so be careful. Maybe 15 or 20 seconds. Send it to my email address. Hopefully my inbox will accept it as I only have so much quota and my inbox is pretty full. If it bounces, email me and let me know.

Thanks

Mike

Looks like the smallest file I can get on a cd is 128mb, does not matter if its 5 sec or 1 min.

You will have to use the Client Software to be able to select specific time frames. You can not do this in the Web based Viewer. In the Client, you will be able to playback a specific time frame, say 12:00:00pm to 12:00:10pm and download to your PC in a folder called download.

WAIT... YOU'RE USING A MAC to view the RTA? Please explain how you got this to work.

Thanks

My network buddy set it up. But I can only view via a web browser.

If I had a Mac that was made in the last two years, it would be easy, as all I would need to do is boot into XP. My G5 will not run exe, so I'm stuck.