Hello,

I have tried installing 2 different boards and software on XP and Win2K. The drivers I use are the right ones and the software seems to be working. My problem is when the software loads the camera only displays one frame. Now if I click on a button like setup it will refresh the frame but still no moving video. Does anyone have any idea of what could cause this to happen?

No one else has ever had this problem before? I'm wondering of this problem is caused by the software. Is there any way I can test my CCTV cameras without the DVR software?

Is there any way I can test my CCTV cameras without the DVR software?

You can connect to a TV for testing.

smarteyes surveillance card is the closest thing to a brand name on the box. its a 16ch CCTV card but the card is working fine its the software. I have tried two different cards with two different software packages. I have tried installing on both XP and 2k with and without service packs and updates.

I guess my question is... does DVR software install like any other standard software or can it be picky? Or could it also be that these are cheap cards with poorly writen software?

smarteyes surveillance card is the closest thing to a brand name on the box. its a 16ch CCTV card but the card is working fine its the software. I have tried two different cards with two different software packages. I have tried installing on both XP and 2k with and without service packs and updates.

I guess my question is... does DVR software install like any other standard software or can it be picky? Or could it also be that these are cheap cards with poorly writen software?

Most DVR software install the same way you would install any Application/program.

As far as them being picky, not quite.

They are designed to be compatible with certain hardware, which you should be aware off if the card was bought through a reliable source.

Some manufacturers post there compatibility list as well as some is provided through there local distributor.

I have no idea what these cards are capable off, since there isn't much info on the web.

If you can post the specs and the chipset No's maybe we mite be able to find something.

Based on the issue you're describing it can be various things that's conflicting, I'll take a wild guess and say that your VGA card mite not be compatible, since I had a similar issue with other cards.

Hope this helps.

Try posting as much info as you can about these cards and maybe someone will be able to assist you further.

READ HERE:-

smarteyes(DOT)com.my/faqs.asp

Specs.

CPU: Pentium 4 1.7GHz and above

RAM: 128MB and above

HDD: 80GB and above

Edited by Guest

Hope I never have to call these guy's, check this Q&A.

"Q. When I execute SmartEyes server, interface screen appears, but camera screen is blank in spite of connecting cameras. Why is that? "

"A. Because the color is set by 24 bit or 32 bit at display registration information."

Note, no advise or directions to resolve issue.

Something that I didnt really think of but these cards are a bit old, one only works with windows 2000... The computer I am installing this in has a 4800+AMD X2, ASUS M2N main board, 2 GB DDR 667 RAM, 128MB Asus ATI video card. Could it be that my hardware is causing this to happen since it is years newer then the board I am using? I am going to check the IRQ again.

I did some reading on other sites and there is some talk about intel vs AMD. Could it be I am using an AMD chip?

Something that I didn't really think of but these cards are a bit old, one only works with windows 2000... The computer I am installing this in has a 4800+AMD X2, ASUS M2N main board, 2 GB DDR 667 RAM, 128MB Asus ATI video card. Could it be that my hardware is causing this to happen since it is years newer then the board I am using? I am going to check the IRQ again.

I did some reading on other sites and there is some talk about intel vs AMD. Could it be I am using an AMD chip?

Based on the specs "CPU: Pentium 4 1.7GHz and above" I would say yes, but I've used other boards that required intel boards and chipsets with AMD and had no problem.

What do mean when you 'these cards are a bit old'?

Why don't you reach out to the manufacturer and see what they have to say, it may cost you less than trying different scenarios.

FTEC NETWORKS SDN BHD

(A Wholly-owned Subsidiary of

FTEC Resources Berhad)

G.02 Ground Floor, Lot 4A, Wisma Academy,

Jalan 19/1, 46300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Tel: +603 7680 1133

Fax: +603 7680 1136

Email: sales@smarteyes.com.my

These are old boards as in 8 years old and I am using 3 - 4 month old hardware with it.

Contacting the people that made the card is not an option. The card in question was made in china and our client supplied the card. There is not even a SN on the card or anything to point to who made it. I think our client bought these cards in bulk years ago.

These are old boards as in 8 years old and I am using 3 - 4 month old hardware with it.

Contacting the people that made the card is not an option. The card in question was made in china and our client supplied the card. There is not even a SN on the card or anything to point to who made it. I think our client bought these cards in bulk years ago.

"Contacting the people that made the card is not an option." ?????????

Yes as in I have no idea who made this board. There are no markings on the board and nothing but a printed out guide to install it/driver disk.

Yes as in I have no idea who made this board. There are no markings on the board and nothing but a printed out guide to install it/driver disk.

"smarteyes surveillance card is the closest thing to a brand name on the box."

FTEC NETWORKS SDN BHD

(A Wholly-owned Subsidiary of

FTEC Resources Berhad)

G.02 Ground Floor, Lot 4A, Wisma Academy,

Jalan 19/1, 46300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Tel: +603 7680 1133

Fax: +603 7680 1136

Email: sales@smarteyes.com.my

http://www.smarteyes.com.my/default.asp

Yes I have that card as a test card but its old as the earth. The other card has no markings on it and that is the card I am talking about.

Yes I have that card as a test card but its old as the earth. The other card has no markings on it and that is the card I am talking about.

PM or Post a clean picture of the front and the back, I'm sure someone will be able to recognise it.

Problem fixed.

Turns out some of the DVR cards we have only work on intel boards. Funny thing is they say they can be installed on AMD or intel chipsets. Anyway thanks to everyone who replied, sometimes forums like these help when something is right in front of you but you just cant see it. Thanks again.

Problem fixed.

Turns out some of the DVR cards we have only work on intel boards. Funny thing is they say they can be installed on AMD or intel chipsets. Anyway thanks to everyone who replied, sometimes forums like these help when something is right in front of you but you just cant see it. Thanks again.

Good news. Sometimes it helps just bouncing the problem off someone else's head and hearing their reply, even if it isn't the fix. Happens all the time at work.