BennyBoy

AverMedia 1304net is worth the money!

Ok, so I've tried a few DVR over the last month and here's what I've found.

Astak= Total junk! very poor playback when they work(I had three go bad).

Q-See pro line 4 ch, works well but poor playback quality.

Lorex= same results as with Q-See.

Intellecam G4-RTA.= Preview was good and playback was ok.

AverDigi EB1304net= Preview is good but with some mpeg4 jaggies(but not bad)and slightly soft(no sharpness adjustment).Playback is verygood and at 15 fps per ch @ D1 Its fantastic!

The highest price was the G4 at $xxxx. the lowest price was the Astak at $xxx.

The clear winner is the 1304 at $xxxx. with D1 record that looks really good.

If one were to need a built in web server and really nice streaming quality, you cant go wrong with the G4! It really is a nice quality box but for me, the 1304 is a better value.

Since when we can post prices for product ?

Am I missing something

Not too sure about MSRP for the avermedia unit- seems dealer cost.

At those prices, for the most part they are DIY products anyway........

Avermedia 1304 is a good brand though I find it a little bit more expensive than some other systems. I guess the comparison was a little bit off as pointed out by normicgander. A better comparison would probably be with Avtech and Hawkeye SP.

There just MSRP, and not what I payed.

Hi, those are dealer prices, near abouts, on the Avermedia.

Prices removed. Retail would be approx double dealer cost.

Thanks for the reviews though.

I would have to disagree, although the Avermedia states it does D1, IMO its D1 didnt look as good as the CIF on the Intellicam system (especially in the black areas, lots of pixelizations and artifacts). The Intellicams colors were solid and the pictures crisp, while the Aver's lines were not as sharp and the pictures became soft and almost blurry when you selected Direct Draw. The Aver also is a pain to view any video remotely on playback, takes forever.

I will say that the Aver had a better drive layout and the rubber gromets are good for shock. I also like its form factor and the USB on the front. However, the Aver never stopped writing to the drive (even with the motion detection set to the lowest setting) when I went to remove the drive it was almost to hot to hold. Again just my opinion.

I would have to disagree, although the Avermedia states it does D1, IMO its D1 didnt look as good as the CIF on the Intellicam system (especially in the black areas, lots of pixelizations and artifacts). The Intellicams colors were solid and the pictures crisp, while the Aver's lines were not as sharp and the pictures became soft and almost blurry when you selected Direct Draw. The Aver also is a pain to view any video remotely on playback, takes forever.

I will say that the Aver had a better drive layout and the rubber gromets are good for shock. I also like its form factor and the USB on the front. However, the Aver never stopped writing to the drive (even with the motion detection set to the lowest setting) when I went to remove the drive it was almost to hot to hold. Again just my opinion.

You make some good points! I did feel the G4-RTA was a better unit but it cost me double what the Aver cost and it was only a little better in some ways and a lot better in features I do not need.

I was looking at the future in terms of long term value, meaning I spend a little now and a little in a few years as to keep up with changing technologys.